the 4 ceps are in hattons

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
BROADTRAIN1979

the 4 ceps are in hattons

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi all you may already know but the blue and grey ceps are available from hattons and gorgeous they are too they are at present £124 :( but may eventually come down so im going to wait but not too long these look irresistable :) . At least we dont have to wait until 2012 ,no doubt hattons will sell out before xmas! although there is a recession .

Mark.
Youll never find a 501 like mine.

Grahame

Re: the 4 ceps are in hattons

Postby Grahame » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Cheltenham were selling them for £117 at Warley yesterday - don't know if there will be any left. I wouldn't hang around waiting for the price to fall.

G.

Jimmy77

Postby Jimmy77 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

I got mine from Cheltenham yesterday at the show, along with the 3 car blue/grey 101 DMU. Have to say they are becoming one of my favourite retailers having used their ebay shop/online shop/and now show stand shop! Both the EMU and DMU are fantastic models, wasn't expecting to be buying them yesterday so have had to de-chip two diesels to get them up and running.

Jimmy
My N gauge layout in the workshop
Layout

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:29 pm

I will buy one of these cep beauties but ...will have to wait until january as my wife has bought me the 101 br blue and sound chip decoder for my cllass 105 dmu so jan it is :cry: oh well hopefully there will be some blue /grey ceps left i HOPE!!!!! :( :wink:

Benn

Postby Benn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Jimmy77 wrote:I got mine from Cheltenham yesterday at the show, along with the 3 car blue/grey 101 DMU. Have to say they are becoming one of my favourite retailers having used their ebay shop/online shop/and now show stand shop!
Jimmy

Hmmm... The prices there are favourable some of the time I'll grant you that. I can't say I agree with some of their business practices/trading activities though. My opinion of course, however my money doesn't go there any more, I'd rather pay a few quid more or be patient. I guess business is business though.

Best of luck to BachFar with the CEP though, it looks like an amazing model from what I've seen and I'm keen to see how the sales go! Fingers crossed they fly out and we can look forward to some more southern electric gear arriving into our model shops! :D

Now Dapol... about that 26 chassis, wouldn't that fit lovely under a Crompton body.... :idea: :?: :wink:

fratton

Postby fratton » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:52 pm

i got to see one in the flesh in gaugemasters engine shed the other day a great model, im not sure they appreciated me dribbling on the peco wagons on the hangers beneath the display cabinet tho!

the mrs is getting me one for christmas i hope,,, i've dropped enough hints including changing my home page to this Image
i will be putting NSE flashes on the front gangways when i get some, dunno if thats prototypical but my other EMU's are going to be early NSE livery so they will look like they havent been painted up yet,,,,

Benn

Postby Benn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:36 pm

fratton wrote:i will be putting NSE flashes on the front gangways when i get some, dunno if thats prototypical but my other EMU's are going to be early NSE livery so they will look like they havent been painted up yet,,,,

I don't think you're allowed mate haha! As far as I know, only 'refurbs' got any kind of NSE treatment, and they recieved LSE 'Jaffacake' before they went NSE. Unrefurbs ran untill 1985-6 I think, so if you're layout is set anytime after then (Like mine is, 88-91) then you can't use 'em :(
Well, you can with license, but it depends on how much of a purist you want to be. I'm sorely tempted because they look ace, but I'm being strict as I've already taken a lot of effort to keep everything correct so I'd be silly. If farish do the EPB then I'll probably get 3-4 of those to make up for it...

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:07 am

Now Dapol... about that 26 chassis, wouldn't that fit lovely under a Crompton body.... :idea: :?: :wink:[/quote]
Yes it would :) ive got a crompton farish br blue thanks for using my brain and rattling the :idea:
and it would be dcc ready as well twice the goodies :D :wink:

Mark

Benn

Postby Benn » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 am

The farish Crompton is rubbish in many ways, I have 7 of the things I use on my layout, I would spruce them up but I can't really see the point now. I'm going to hang on the hope that Dapol use that chassis shortly, as if they do release one I'd want to replace like for like at least the 7 I already own!

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:06 pm

The crompton farish 33 bodies arent too bad as with a little tinkering can look good, but.... as for the chassis it was too rushed and looks awful! So the dapol chassis 26 should fit the bill ...if only dapol would make a 31 dcc hint hint.. :wink:

Mark.

fratton

Postby fratton » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Benn wrote:
fratton wrote:i will be putting NSE flashes on the front gangways when i get some, dunno if thats prototypical but my other EMU's are going to be early NSE livery so they will look like they havent been painted up yet,,,,

I don't think you're allowed mate haha! As far as I know, only 'refurbs' got any kind of NSE treatment, and they recieved LSE 'Jaffacake' before they went NSE. Unrefurbs ran untill 1985-6 I think, so if you're layout is set anytime after then (Like mine is, 88-91) then you can't use 'em :(
Well, you can with license, but it depends on how much of a purist you want to be. I'm sorely tempted because they look ace, but I'm being strict as I've already taken a lot of effort to keep everything correct so I'd be silly. If farish do the EPB then I'll probably get 3-4 of those to make up for it...

nah im not going too exact, im running the liveries i remember from my childhood

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Still no green ones :(

Grahame

Postby Grahame » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Benn wrote:The farish Crompton is rubbish in many ways, I have 7 of the things I use on my layout, I would spruce them up but I can't really see the point now. I'm going to hang on the hope that Dapol use that chassis shortly, as if they do release one I'd want to replace like for like at least the 7 I already own!

I think the class 33 is pretty good; the body is very accurate and overall it looks very characterful and very much like a Crompton. Plus it can easily be tarted up. It's just the chassis that is poor; the bogies are too far in from the ends and look aenemic. However, you can get more accurate chassis' (originally bsed on a Kato chasis but now CJM should have brought out their own version) for them with the bogie wheelbase and centres correct;

100_0990x.jpg
100_0990x.jpg (80.3 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

G.

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

Grahame wrote:
Benn wrote:The farish Crompton is rubbish in many ways, I have 7 of the things I use on my layout, I would spruce them up but I can't really see the point now. I'm going to hang on the hope that Dapol use that chassis shortly, as if they do release one I'd want to replace like for like at least the 7 I already own!

I think the class 33 is pretty good; the body is very accurate and overall it looks very characterful and very much like a Crompton. Plus it can easily be tarted up. It's just the chassis that is poor; the bogies are too far in from the ends and look aenemic. However, you can get more accurate chassis' (originally bsed on a Kato chasis but now CJM should have brought out their own version) for them with the bogie wheelbase and centres correct;

100_0990x.jpg

G.
Those cromptons look great grahame.

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm

What a wonderful wife i have ,shes bought me the 4cep blue & grey from hattons for xmas wow! im estatic !with electricity! dont touch me or you will get a shock! xmas day is on its way!

Mark :D

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”