royal mail rail depto

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
matty198891

royal mail rail depto

Postby matty198891 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:53 pm

am making a ropyal mail rail depto and want to know if there is any modern n gauge vheicals in royal mail livery and i am using peco shed unit and
dose the platform needs to be level with the side of the coaches
dose the the lay out need anything special as a royal mail depto and hay found some yorkies on line how cool
alos any were to grt royal mail logos i can use to add to depto
soz if hard under stand i am dislexic any part dont get tell will retype hope u understand can respond

hiffano

Re: royal mail rail depto

Postby hiffano » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 pm

by vehicles, do you mean road vehicles or carriages?
I "think" their is a kit available for the royal mail EMU that is run by DBs, there certainly is a dublo one.
road vehicles, i haven't seen any, but their is no reason not to by something and paint it accordingly.

I would say yes, the platform should be level with the coaches
Logos are easy, google an image, print them on paper and stick them on. Alternatively, you can buy self print transfers.
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

CaptainElectra

Postby CaptainElectra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Electra Railway Graphics did produce a non-powered kit for the Royal Mail Class 325 EMU in N a few years ago but this is out of production pending a redesign with CAD designed bodies.

We can supply cast ends and vinyl side for the 325 if you wish to convert Mk3 coaches or Class 150 sprinter cars.

Website here:

http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk/
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough UK
http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk

hairyhandedfool

Postby hairyhandedfool » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:25 am

matty198891 wrote:....dose the platform needs to be level with the side of the coaches....

Platforms in the purpose built facilities are slightly higher than you find in a station and are at the height of the floor of rail vehicles to aid loading and unloading trolleys of mail.
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

matty198891

Postby matty198891 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 pm

thanks for all coments i am looking for clear stickers overlays or anything like thats but cant find do you know where to look also can they be computre printed on 2 as well
soz if hard under stand i am dislexic any part dont get tell will retype hope u understand can respond

alan_r

Postby alan_r » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:12 pm

If you want to make some road vehicles, Tomytec make some excellent N-gauge lorries that you can use as a base. As mentioned by Hiffano above, simply repaint, and stick some computer printed sides to them (use images from the internet and edit in something like PaintShopPro and/or Powerpoint).
I also have a Royalmail depot planned, and have converted some Tomytec lorries already. I'm very pleased with them (see pictures below). What do you think? :D

post1a.jpg
Modified Tomytec lorries "Royal Mail"
post1a.jpg (273.65 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

post2a.jpg
Modified Tomytec lorries "Royal Mail"
post2a.jpg (303.19 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

blooregard

Postby blooregard » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:08 am

Alan, lovely work there.
Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.

matty198891

Postby matty198891 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm

alan_r nice liverys any chance that i could buy some off u and some in other liverys and other vheicals in othee r clolurs

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”