Shunter for my 1940s layout suggestions please

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
bbdave

Shunter for my 1940s layout suggestions please

Postby bbdave » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi i am looking for a shunter for my D-day embarcation layout i have been looking at J94s but strugling to get one at the moment but looking at close up pictures it doesnt look particularly well detailed any other suggestions welcomed.

Dave

slackbladder

Re: Shunter for my 1940s layout suggestions please

Postby slackbladder » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 pm

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Hiya Dave, i'm being regionalistic now lol. i noted your interest also in ecc workings etc, and so have an idea that if the west country is where you were setting your D-Day embarkation dock, (great choice of subject by the way, i salute you sir!) it might be an idea to consider looking at GWR panniers or 14xx that are available ready to run from bachman/farish and Dapol respectively, even prairie tank 2-6-2's and locomotives from that family would be good, moving further east along the coast you could employ M7 class 0-4-4 tank engines, southern railways era, and may i endorse also, even if not for the location you are after.. Dapol make these wonderful little 0-6-0 locomotives, The A1X class 'Terrier' . I know what you mean about the Farish J94, but they can be put to good use and slightly altered with care to look tip-top.

Hope this helps :D

'Terrier'

bbdave

Postby bbdave » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Well i've managed to get hold of a J94 WD this evening so it'll be a good start.

Thanks for the ideas i like the look of the panniers so may take the plunge with one of those if i get permission.

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”