BH Enterprises

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
bbdave

BH Enterprises

Postby bbdave » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Has anyone any experience of there products i am looking to buy some wagon kits and would like to know any feedback you have regards to quality etc.

Dave

blooregard

Re: BH Enterprises

Postby blooregard » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Dave,

I've been building one of their loco kits for a while now, it slowed down to a stop when I had trouble getting hold of a suitable chassis.

However what I have built is so far excellent. The Kit was originally an O Gauge kit and has been scaled down, obviously this means detail is excellent as the kit has effectively been produced from a 1-up (Larger prototype scaled down for production).

I haven't tried their wagon kits but I know some other members have, Zunnan and probably Grahame should be able to advise.
Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.

Grahame

Postby Grahame » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 pm

bbdave wrote:Has anyone any experience of there products i am looking to buy some wagon kits and would like to know any feedback you have regards to quality etc.

A mixed bag really. Some of their kits have been inherited from other manufacturers ranges who have gone to the wall or have stopped producing N gauge. Some are scaled down larger models. Some have a good pedigree by being mastered by top modellers such as Richard Dockerill. It's best to take a look and have a rummage on their stand. They attend a lot of shows and I understand that they are at Southampton at the end of the month.

However, the finish of kits is always dependant on the care and effort put in to building them and some require a little more work than others.

G.

bbdave

Postby bbdave » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks for the replies i have ordered a warflat kit to see what it's like i may get a Gramodels kit to compare the two

Dave

Mirrlees

Postby Mirrlees » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm

What about the Parkwood one from the NGS?
Tim Hitch

bbdave

Postby bbdave » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Mirrlees wrote:What about the Parkwood one from the NGS?

I do know they have one but again like the others no pictures of there products, but i would have to pay a £20 membership just for the privalage of ordering one to look at .

Dave

Mirrlees

Postby Mirrlees » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm

When I return to Devon I will post a pic. It will be unpainted with no bogies at present. If it helps.
Tim Hitch

blooregard

Postby blooregard » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 pm

bbdave wrote:
I do know they have one but again like the others no pictures of there products, but i would have to pay a £20 membership just for the privalage of ordering one to look at .

Dave

I am sure that everyone would agree that membership is more than worth it. 4 magazines, an excellent bound N Gauge handbook and access to the shop where theres loads that you will have difficutly finding anywhere else.
Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:13 pm

blooregard wrote:I am sure that everyone would agree that membership is more than worth it. 4 magazines, an excellent bound N Gauge handbook and access to the shop where theres loads that you will have difficutly finding anywhere else.

Not to mention the discounts off many N gauge suppliers items.

Sailor Charon

Postby Sailor Charon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am

cmeonthemove wrote:
blooregard wrote:I am sure that everyone would agree that membership is more than worth it. 4 magazines, an excellent bound N Gauge handbook and access to the shop where theres loads that you will have difficutly finding anywhere else.

Not to mention the discounts off many N gauge suppliers items.

Yes. I wish I'd noticed that before I ordered the PD Marsh Grange body kit. (d'oh) But yes, the NGS is certainly worth joining.

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes I did the same thing when I ordered my road cones :roll:

bbdave

Postby bbdave » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks chaps i'll report back when i get the kits

Dave

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”