Kato/Farish

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
SOOTYBRUM

Kato/Farish

Post by SOOTYBRUM »

Simple question...........can you run Graham Farish engines/carriages on Kato track?
Thks
Ironduke

Re: Kato/Farish

Post by Ironduke »

Yes. Kato N gauge Unitrack is "code 80", 9mm gauge track.
Regards
Rob
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

I used Kato on a layout - the one issue I had was with 0-6-0s sticking on the No.4 points - the issue was the distance between the running rail and the check rails was too tight and was resolved by filing back the check rail a bit.
Byegad

Post by Byegad »

Mike Parkes wrote:I used Kato on a layout - the one issue I had was with 0-6-0s sticking on the No.4 points - the issue was the distance between the running rail and the check rails was too tight and was resolved by filing back the check rail a bit.
I found adjusting the back to back on the offending axles works. the other thing is to add an extra check rail at the throat of any point that causes issues. It pulls the axle over to ensure clean entry to the point. I've used both Peco rail lengths cut from an old flexitrack length and Slaters T section of appropriate size.