Hattons

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Dad-1

Re: Hattons

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 am

Are you aware that in 2010 the Royal Mail do not want parcels tied up with string ?
It seems that this can 'foul' modern machinery and snag other large envelopes.
I was unaware of this until I posted Olivia off the the USA in November when the
local village postmistress pointed it out to me, but did accept the little box as it was.

The modern world - things ain't what they used to be !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Tosh

Postby Tosh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 am

slackbladder wrote:
by Tosh on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm
My last parcel from them was a recycled Wotsits box,brown paper but no string this time

WHAT???? no string !!! why this is an outrage.. :shock: :shock: :P

Are you sure it was from Hattons Tosh mate?......... :D :lol:

:lol: had another package this week and it was tied with white string :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Beer,making ugly women look beautiful for thousands of years.....

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:59 am

had another package this week and it was tied with white string

:D :D Yeahhhh,, the strings back!! :D :P
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

runboy

Postby runboy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Placed and order last night (Sunday) and requested next day delivery - the order is therefore at Hattons by 2pm Monday so I expect my order to be here Tuesday. However I've had no email from Hattons, my account on their website shows my order is "added to picking list xxxxxx" and the order status page has no details under the delivery section. Is this normal does anyone know? I would have expected my order to have been collected by DHL by now and tracking details available. I've taken a day holiday to await the order (mt first from Hattons) so I hope it works out ok.

runboy

Postby runboy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 am

runboy wrote:Placed and order last night (Sunday) and requested next day delivery - the order is therefore at Hattons by 2pm Monday so I expect my order to be here Tuesday. However I've had no email from Hattons, my account on their website shows my order is "added to picking list xxxxxx" and the order status page has no details under the delivery section. Is this normal does anyone know? I would have expected my order to have been collected by DHL by now and tracking details available. I've taken a day holiday to await the order (mt first from Hattons) so I hope it works out ok.

My order arrived this morning! Seems Hattons don't update their website with dispatch details/tracking etc so I didn't know if my order had been sent. I got an email this morning advising that my order had been sent yesterday and then my order is delivered a couple of hours later.

All there, except that 3 buildings each had a piece broken off - nothing that a blob of glue can't fix but it's a shame that the delivery process couldn't be kinder (presuming the courier company is responsible for the damage - I would hope Hattons wouldn't send out goods with obvious defects). Maybe a sign of the times - these scenic buildings have such delicate parts that the lure of cheaper online goods doesn't equate to better condition when you receive the goods - a local stockist where you can see the goods when you buy is a better bet.....

[qifop]

Postby [qifop] » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 am

Only guessing but assume they have some computer gremlins, as i have also not received the normal email updates in a timely fashion, but the orders always turn up on time. I had some problems logging in to my account so perhaps the computers are "up the swanny".

Ordered some bits, first class Wed at midday and arrived in Thursdays post. Good work (especially for our postal system that these days first class = sometime in the coming week).

If in doubt always phone as their staff are A+++ for dealing with enquiries by phone, i had an unusual request recently and they carried out my instructions perfectly.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Quite surprised at their pricing of this,even if it's a special edition by EFE
http://www.ehattons.com/41569/EFE_Dieca ... etail.aspx
I gather the original RM this is based on was the subject of an arson attack,which obliterated the top deck,hence the unusal look of it.I'm partly blaming EFE here,so it's not just Hattons,but £38? :shock: No thanks........ :roll:

iWebrum

Postby iWebrum » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 pm

I have been using Hattons also for a number of years now and have never had any problems - good prices and really fast delivery!

My only criticism/worry however is that some of the items say 'pre-order' in the top right hand corner, you go into the page and it says something like 'expected in stock March 2011' and you're viewing the page in December 2011... what's with that? D:

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm

iWebrum wrote:My only criticism/worry however is that some of the items say 'pre-order' in the top right hand corner, you go into the page and it says something like 'expected in stock March 2011' and you're viewing the page in December 2011... what's with that? D:

The answer can be found looking at Hornbys, Bachmanns etc expected delivery dates when a model is annouced and comparing them with the actual date when the actual model turns up.

Return to “Model Railway Shop”