Hattons

What do you want from a model railway shop?
budmanuk

Re: Hattons

Post by budmanuk »

Ok. I'll give you the new feature of searching by era is great :) , I noticed that too. But they have always unboxed stock and taken pictures at multiple angles, which I agree is very good indeed! :D
Cheers
budmanuk

Post by budmanuk »

I placed another order with Hattons today. A Dapol 9f with some farish limited edition mineral wagons :lol: . I'll see how quickly these turn up. :wink:
I think I'll need to get some help soon, this is worse than a gambling addiction! :?
Cheers
slot.jockey

Post by slot.jockey »

budmanuk wrote:Ok. I'll give you the new feature of searching by era is great :) , I noticed that too. But they have always unboxed stock and taken pictures at multiple angles, which I agree is very good indeed! :D

I agree bit it looks like they have stopped the era thing
budmanuk

Post by budmanuk »

No you can still search by Era. :mrgreen:
Cheers
budmanuk

Post by budmanuk »

Ok folks update on the slow order completion front. I placed an order last Wednesday, still no sign of it being packed on the Sunday so I called them up. The assisstant on the phone explained to me, Hattons have stopped packing orders over the weekend because they are too quiet, so they are saving up the orders for staff to pack during the week. I presume this must be causing a backlog during the following week. Hmm... My order (which was for my birthday on Saturday) still hasn't been packed!! :(
Cheers
I'll_be_in_the_loft

Post by I'll_be_in_the_loft »

I'm not sticking up for Hattons here as I would pass the same comment no matter who you were dealing with but, isn't it a bit harsh expecting someone to deliver within 3 days unless you pay the extra for a priority order/next day delivery? Ok, so some may manage it but I don't think it's fair to expect the order to be delivered in such a short space of time.
My ebay sales may be viewed by clicking HERE.
Feel free to place bids, GENUINE bidders only please.
ChrisWV10

Post by ChrisWV10 »

I wouldn't necessarily expect premium rate delivery however, I would expect that once my credit/card debit card has been charged the goods will be dispatched.

I placed an order on Sat 28th and within a couple of hours received an email saying my card had been charged. However the goods were not sent until Thursday. That's not acceptable in my view. No other quibble with Hattons, but if they're so quiet, it shouldn't take so long to send stuff out. :?

They may not have as good prices, but I'm doing more buying with Osborns and Kernow - an order I placed with Osborns (cheaper than Hattons too!) on the Wednesday evening, was sent Thursday and received on Friday. That's the way to retain customers. Similar experience with Kernow.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

I was in Hattons about a month ago and they only had 1 computer that was working the stock system. The chap i spoke to there told me that they were having a problem with their servers and had spent the day re-booting the system but that hadn't solved the fault. they couldn't get an engineer out until the next week to sort the problem. He also admitted that they were getting alot busier via the internet and over the weekend the orders were pilling up. The chaps and chapesses that work there always seem to be busy when i've visited during the week, especially when they get a delivery. Not sure if they are still experiencing problems but it could account for some of the delays you have had.
Manager of the Famous under-achieving Lawton Rovers (NRM xperteleven div2)

Plans are now afoot for the 2nd relocation and resumtion for my N gauge layout Lawton Road..
bigbob

Post by bigbob »

Well i`m not overly impressed so far with them! Put an order in last Monday, had an email Friday to say it had been picked. No email to say it has been posted or my card charged as yet so not the best service i`ve had.

Bob
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT
budmanuk

Post by budmanuk »

I'll_be_in_the_loft wrote:I'm not sticking up for Hattons here as I would pass the same comment no matter who you were dealing with but, isn't it a bit harsh expecting someone to deliver within 3 days unless you pay the extra for a priority order/next day delivery? Ok, so some may manage it but I don't think it's fair to expect the order to be delivered in such a short space of time.
I'm sorry but in general, no matter what I may be buying or whom I may be dealing with and regardless of the type of postage, when I place an order I expect it to be sent that day or the next. Not at any time up to a week later. :|
Cheers
sishades

Post by sishades »

Considering that Hattons are the number 1 seller of chuff chuffs in this country and more than likely the cheapest, waiting a few days is perhaps to be expected.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
bigbob

Post by bigbob »

2-3 days maybe, a week is just too long for a mail order company.

Bob
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT
ste234

Post by ste234 »

I have always had good service from hattons, sent a DMU back coz it had a dodgy motor and they posted another straight out, was well pleased :D
Cheers,
Ste.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

I have started to go off Hattons. Phoning them up really makes you wonder... customer service... seems entirely non-existent. I think I shall be switching to someone else... even if it means paying a bit more.
stephenson

Post by stephenson »

I ordered from Hattons last Thursday after hours. According to their tracking emails the order was picked and posted during the night and it arrived by Royal Mail on the Saturday morning. I cannot imagine better service.
S
batteries not included