Hattons

What do you want from a model railway shop?
chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:11 am

this is Y i said phone!!!!
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:
My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!

redline41190

Postby redline41190 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Chris- I'd call them, but (much like my probelm with Bachmann) I live in the USA and an international call that took about half an hour would cost me a nice amout of money. I really should see about skype :lol:
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:00 pm

redline41190 wrote:Chris- I'd call them, but (much like my probelm with Bachmann) I live in the USA and an international call that took about half an hour would cost me a nice amout of money. I really should see about skype :lol:

i was not getting reply to email so i just called them about an order[ that wasn't getting processed due to a card issue]
it took a minute or so..
gotta be better than constantly checking emails?
mine is now sorted and hopefully due to be dispatced
:D

Undereaves

Postby Undereaves » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Just rung up about my order made yesterday with next day delivery. It hasn't been processed yet. I was told there were problems with the website last night. But shouldn't it have been dispatched by then? She kept telling me it was in a queue waiting to be processed.

As I write I received an email confirming my order has been processed. Looks like they've only charged me £4 delivery. Not sure if that means it's coming second class now, or they haven't charged me next day because I didn't get it next day.

Anyway, anyone with outstanding orders, especially those made via the website, I'd ring Hattons up. Seems to be the way to get your order processed. Think their web order system is a bit flakey.

Undereaves

Postby Undereaves » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Glad I phoned. They have dispatched it now, next day delivery. And they've only charged me for second class delivery. I think UK buyers are better ordering by phone right now.

michaelsage

Postby michaelsage » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I placed an order on the 10th Jan and it hasn't arrived yet, got an email telling me it had dispatched yesterday so should be here tomorrow. As it was my first order and I wanted the track quickly which is why I used them I am a bit narked, but I guess its just their Christmas rush. Having said that "it's good to talk" espcially to your customers!!
My layout(s)
Musings - http://www.theangel.net
Pictures - http://www.michaelsage.co.uk

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:03 pm

I'd like to order some stuff from them but I am going to leave it for another week and see if their nearly back to normal operation! :wink:
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"

Kens

Postby Kens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:26 pm

i ordered last week from them was told it would take a week, but i was desperate to move on so i asked if they done a next day delivery for xtra charge. it cost me £7 but got it next day so for me it was worth it. :wink: No complaints i did'nt have to pay it if i waited a week, but needs must :roll:

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Has anyone noticed that when Hatton's are low on stock for a particular item they tend to rack the price up to around the RRP! :?

I find this really annoying as I don't want to pay that much and in most cases they have more on order anyway! So whats the benefit of this, unless you've got your heart on a particular loco your not going to spend stupid money.

Heres an example! They have the Bachmann Freightliner/Shanks DS loco at £147! :?

No other retailer does this that I have used. Also on some items they say "The price will increase on Friday..."

MTA

Postby MTA » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 am

Strange indeed CC :?

I paid for a recent order from Hattons by debit card. After that I was a bit in the dark... I did not receive a copy of the order, although that was my fault as I failed to check my email address was correct :roll:

Then yesterday my order turned up completely unannounced :shock:

I think I will still buy from Hattons as they are cheaper than most other stores, including postage 8)

redline41190

Postby redline41190 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:39 pm

I had a chat with them last week and this week about adding an item to my order. They did so, but i have no record of it being added, or that my card was charged any more than it had been before. Still no picking slip packed email. hopefully It will just show up here soon. :?
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:50 pm

I've just been speeking to the staff at Signal Box Models via email and they're also snowed under with orders! :?

All of their DCC Sound loco's have sold out unfortunately!

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm

I don't think it's strange at all. In fact, it makes good sense. Airlines do a similar trick.

For the record, I also have an oustanding order with Hattons. T'is my first order from them, and I chose them over Rails as I understood them to be better.
I ordered on the 21st, then had an email telling me they'dtaken my money the day after, and nothing since.

I don't think it's still a backlog...

piemanlarger

Postby piemanlarger » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Lord and Butler have sound class 37 in stock.
A loco with no sound chip? Might as well be unpainted!
EWS sound loco depot viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7263
Olivers Road RMD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18867&start=30

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:15 pm

I would agree with you Dave about Hatton's being better than Rails. One of the key things is availability of stock!

Most of the time ive looked at Rails, a lot of their stuff is "On Order".

Return to “Model Railway Shop”