Hattons

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Tepic

Hattons

Postby Tepic » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:15 pm

I have just placed an order with them for a small pile of stuff. Paid £4 for the postage, lets see how they do :)

From what people have said, I expect good things!

Postby 47806 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:25 pm

You should have no problem. I have been dealing with Hattons since 2003 and I cannot complain.

Tepic

Postby Tepic » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:16 pm

That's what I am hoping. They have been highly reccomended in the past!

Tepic

Postby Tepic » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:32 pm

My order was posted today. Not bad seeing I ordered it at the weekend.

Now I discover I overspent again <oops> Still, it'll be fun!

mikebiggles

Postby mikebiggles » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi Guys

I have had to send a couple of loco's back to Hattons in the past for malfunctioning, exchanged them for me no quibble whatsoever, even refunded my postage on one occasion. brill service. highly recommended.

Mike :D

chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 am

the best shop i uese for train shoping!

and i uese 7 now.
there to class!
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:
My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!

Tepic

Postby Tepic » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:47 pm

All arrived today. Well packed up.

Just had a small DCC running session with my chipped railcar and DC Thomas. Trains in different directions on the same track is weird

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:04 pm

I've bought off them a few times and the stuff came so quick I didn't have time to blink. The only problem I had was that they rolled up my track plan book to put in a tube with my flexi-track... Don't but them at the same time! Thats not really bad, They're good, I recommend them

AdamH1990

hi

Postby AdamH1990 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:12 pm

anyone had problems with them before last night i priced everything up to finish my bottom deck i was happy has ever , come home to start ordering as ive been paid my money , i cant find a dam thing ive emailed them and waiting for a reply ,

in the past they have been brill tho :D
thanks Adam, my layout thread below

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... highlight=

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:30 pm

Use eHattons, same shop, but damned sight better.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue May 29, 2007 8:16 am

Hattons in my view are easily the best to deal with when it comes to buying stuff mail order. I particularly like their policy of not actively advertising new products until they have been received in the shop. Delivery is swift and you get an e-mail throughout confirmimg the order/packing/posting stages. They have been around as long as I can remember and have dealt with them for years.. thankfully they don't sell on fleabay (to my knowledge) either like a lot of others do to boost profits!

Long live Hattons! :wink:
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

SirMeliot

Postby SirMeliot » Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 am

Metadyneman wrote: thankfully they don't sell on fleabay (to my knowledge) either like a lot of others do to boost profits!

Why is that bad exactly?

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 am

Well.. I didn't actually imply or say that it was bad. I just prefer to deal directly with a shop rather than involve a third party such as ebay,paypal, etc etc. Hattons does it for me in that respect which is why I am thankful they have not gone down this road and hopefully never will :)
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Tue May 29, 2007 1:28 pm

Yes but rails of sheffield sell on ebay, but you dont have to buy from their ebay shop, you can still shop at the main online shop.

I cant see how it would harm their business or your opinions of them if they did, so long as the prices/service were the same, i cant see any reason.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 pm

Yes but rails of sheffield sell on ebay, but you dont have to buy from their ebay shop, you can still shop at the main online shop.

I guess I don't like having to wait to see if I have won a loco on an online auction run by a shop. The shop you mention does have the buy it now option on some products but the majority seem to be auctions without the buy it now feature. As i said, It's purely personal preference and Hattons have always given me sterling service at an affordable price

Return to “Model Railway Shop”