Modelmaster Jackson delays

What do you want from a model railway shop?
CasperGriswoldBacon

Modelmaster Jackson delays

Post by CasperGriswoldBacon »

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering from Modelmaster Jackson to be wary about the delays they're experiencing. On the site they state 8- 20 working days for items being sent due to COVID and its been 30+ for me now. More worrying is you can't get through to them. Either you get a message saying they'll phone you back or a mail box full message. I don't mind delays but i'd like to have some estimate on delivery rather than silence especially as they're still taking orders with wrong delivery estimates on their website. Anyway if you have a project you want to finish reasonably quickly probably best to wait till they sort out their COVID backlog and purchase elsewhere if you can
Ex-Pat

Re: Modelmaster Jackson delays

Post by Ex-Pat »

We have come to a mutual agreement that we don't want to do business with each other, and I now avail myself of Fox Transfer's excellent service.
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

There is a great deal about this in RMWeb. I wished I had read it before I ordered some decals. They did arrive - eventually - but I'll not order from there again.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......
CasperGriswoldBacon

Yeah that was my main motivation for putting it on here as I hadn't seen the RM thread until today unfortunately. If I had I probably would have ordered what I wanted from Fox's who I've used before, or another supplier. I guess I've not been waiting half as long as a lot of people but it does annoy me when they continue to take orders when they don't seem to have any date for delivery and don't pick up the phone. Oh well....
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

I ordered a nameplate set for a merchant navy loco, in April 2020, the nameplates arrived, but some of the transfers that were part of it were missing, there was a note inside saying transfers to follow. Despite ringing several times over the last 12 months, they have never arrived! I never got my money back either. I will not deal with Modelmaster again.

I got fed up of waiting and ordered the same thing from Fox, they arrived within 2 days.
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

markS&D wrote: I never got my money back either.
My credit card company got mine back for me.
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

I hate to say it, because Modelmaster do many decals that I want However .....
I ordered about £18 worth way back 2018 ? and never got them. I chased a couple
of times as some were out of print and waiting for another run. Never came.
As far as I know the owner is rather a one man band and I think it's become too much
for him to cope with. Now as sad as that may be, it's not my problem.

Like many I now only buy Modelmaster decals from any trader who claims to have stock.
The alternative is to use Fox as already mentioned. I now won't order direct.

Geoff T.
CasperGriswoldBacon

Never bought direct before, but I've bought his stuff 2nd hand so I know its decent quality. Reading that RM thread is a bit of an eye-opener to be honest. As you say, he's a one man band who's getting on a bit and not in the best of health from what I can gather, and if he fancies doing stuff like standing for the Scottish parliament, he probably hasn't got time to run a company as well without help.
6C

Post by 6C »

Wouldn't listen to RM about much - except railway modelling - lots of know-alls about every topic under the sun... :lol: :lol:

As proved by a press release today:
"Jim Grindlay, the Managing Partner of Modelmaster UK, has had two surgical procedures within the past six weeks because of sight problems with his left eye, and cannot read well at present, nor look at all at computer screens for the next few weeks.
We're hopeful of a good outcome in the long term, but will have to wait for the results of more treatment.

With Elspeth back after our lockdown absense and STRICT phone answering times (10.30 to 12.30), we can now catch up quickly with the current orders and the back orders that have been awaiting replacement items, and start to release the new decals & nameplates recently in stock.

Again, Jim CANNOT answer emails or messages. Please either 'phone at times above or go to Home Page of Website for weekly updates.

We'll list the NEW Decals now available in three messages, one each for 2mm, 4mm & 7mm Scale, but my first priority is to send outstanding orders as quickly as possible.

Do look at the Home Page however, and the catalogue listings.

Again, as last time, Social Media exposure is very welcome - thanks to those who helped us in the past.

EVERYONE WHO ORDERED BETWEEN
26th January and today will receive a personal discount code as a 'thank you' for your patience, loyalty and good wishes during a very difficult four months for us, when extra help was banned by law, and orders were almost 500% up on normal

Best regards and Stay Safe,
Jim & Elspeth at Modelmaster"
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Puts a different light on it.
Pete.
CasperGriswoldBacon

*sigh* And another month passes with no news. I realise illness/life's problems/covid throw up delays, but this has been going on for years before the latest issue. The bottom line is if you haven't got the product in stock then don't show it on your website as in stock. It's simple. Otherwise people will think you're taking them for mugs
6C

Post by 6C »

Ah Yes - but I'm old enough to remember when the standard postage time was "28 Days" and we were happy with that...

I'm always surprised when I order something and it arrives the next day, or day after, but never expect it - which saves me the angst...

I will continue to order from MMJE - but not expect an urgent response..
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
CasperGriswoldBacon

6C wrote:Ah Yes - but I'm old enough to remember when the standard postage time was "28 Days" and we were happy with that...

I'm always surprised when I order something and it arrives the next day, or day after, but never expect it - which saves me the angst...

I will continue to order from MMJE - but not expect an urgent response..
Heh, 28 days was my original delivery estimate from MMJE (20 working days). I'd be very happy with 28 days currently :D
CasperGriswoldBacon

Just a heads up that he's now discontinuing transfers so if any of you have some long time ordered with him, I suggest now is the last time to chase them up. He's now offered 15% off the etched nameplates which would be nice if he could get round to supplying the ones already on order :evil:
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

What, again ?
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/