Modelmaster Jackson delays

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Bufferstop

Re: Modelmaster Jackson delays

Post by Bufferstop »

Sounds like he's suffering from over estimating his capabilities. I'm sure a lot of us try to ignor anno dominii, but in business you have to be realistic and only promise what you know you can deliver.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
CasperGriswoldBacon

Post by CasperGriswoldBacon »

Bufferstop wrote:Sounds like he's suffering from over estimating his capabilities. I'm sure a lot of us try to ignor anno dominii, but in business you have to be realistic and only promise what you know you can deliver.
That is the main bone of contention. Things happen with illness, age etc.. but there's a sort of written or unwritten rule about taking money for sales on items listed as available that you don't have in stock and with no timescale of possible delivery. If you say on the website you haven't got them in stock then that's fine as the buyer can take their choice. Otherwise you're going into Cooper craft territory. Anyway don't want to go down the RMWeb pile-on route. The latest I have is the nameplates at least have been delivered and are being "prepared" for delivery before the end of this month so fingers crossed.. As my ability to claim a refund ends in August I will wait till then and if not get my money back. Many people waited past that stage out of being too understanding and lost that option
CasperGriswoldBacon

Post by CasperGriswoldBacon »

Just a final update on anyone thinking of purchasing.

Waited until the day before my refund option ran out (September) and then claimed it . To be fair it wasn't much money, more the time wasted waiting to finish something. Some people do seem to get purchases from him on time, but as you have no way of knowing what he has in stock it's pot luck. Do you feel lucky? :D

I'd only risk it myself personally if you:

a) You can't get it anywhere else,
b)You're in no hurry for it (my case 6 months, others years or never)
c) Buy it with payment protection.

Personally I hope he gets his act together especially with the communication/computer side, but judging from RMweb there's no sign of it at the moment.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

It is sad when things don't work to plan. Lets hope that solutions be found so that things will improve in the future.