Gee Dee Models, Nottingham

What do you want from a model railway shop?
dougalmac2

Gee Dee Models, Nottingham

Post by dougalmac2 »

The owner (aged 88) has been trying to sell for over 12 months so he can retire, but without any takers.

Talking to staff this week they're expecting to be shut by Christmas, everything is reduced by 20% at the moment and the website is talking about an 'everything must go sale' but date not yet announced. May be worth anyone interested keeping an eye open.

Mac
End2end

Re: Gee Dee Models, Nottingham

Post by End2end »

Do you have a web link please dougalmac2?
Thanks
End2end

EDIT: Not to worry. I found it :wink: - http://www.geedee-modelshop.com/
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Note re mail order they use mostly use APC Overnight - worth being in mind in case you end up having to collect the item from a depot some miles away.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I've seen their adverts in the Railway Modeller every month since 1957. It was just one of those always there names. The only other namexs still going are Hatton's, who've had to completely re invent themselves a couple of times, Blackwell's and Harburn Hobbies. There are many others who've come and gone and a few who've come along and stayed, a bit sad to see another old name about to disappear.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

I picked up a nice double pack of Mk1 coaches for the Departmental in blue and grey colour, 2 Ratio kit packs (£95 minus the 20% off £74) I basically paid the price of the coaches and got the kits for free! :D

On a sad note, It is such a shame that a buyer for the shop and stock cannot be found. It would be a shame to lose another model shop soon after Rail and Barter shop in Long Eaton closing down. There was one near canning circus in Nottingham but that soon closed.