Model shop in Hexham northumberland

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Tynedaletrains

Model shop in Hexham northumberland

Postby Tynedaletrains » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:40 am

Is there a demand for a model railway shop in and around Hexham in northumberland? Since town foot models closed the closest shop is 40 mins or so away. What does anybody think?

glencairn

Re: Model shop in Hexham northumberland

Postby glencairn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:51 am

I believe there still is a model shop (of sorts) west end of Hexham. (Just past the Sele?)

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 am

This site: http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/ is brilliant for locating model shops - just be sure to ring before leaving / planning a visit as some of the data can be a little dated

the other place to look is the back of magazines for listings of local model shops

hopefully someone in your neck of the woods might be able to give some recommendations, either way good luck finding one nothing like having a nose around a real model shop :D

Tynedaletrains

Postby Tynedaletrains » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12 pm

glencairn wrote:I believe there still is a model shop (of sorts) west end of Hexham. (Just past the Sele?)

Glencairn

I think that one is mainly cars and buses. Might have to beg Michael of tow foot to come back!

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Tynedaletrains wrote:
glencairn wrote:I believe there still is a model shop (of sorts) west end of Hexham. (Just past the Sele?)

Glencairn

I think that one is mainly cars and buses. Might have to beg Michael of tow foot to come back!

That's a shame. It was a while since I was in there and there was a lot of cars and buses but, at the time he was selling railway items.

Only shops I know near? Hexham are Durham Trains of Stanley and Pooleys Puffers on Team Valley Gateshead Got to ring them first though -- open at odd times?

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

Tynedaletrains

Postby Tynedaletrains » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

When I was doing some research online it found this website www.tynedaletrains.co.uk no relation but could be very handy if they open a shop in hexham

Kitwaller

Postby Kitwaller » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up tt. I've just ordered a dapol class 66 in n gauge off tynedale trains and seems like a very good price. The bloke said he is opening a shop somewhere around Hexham in the summer. Just hope it happens soon cause miss town foot models.

Tynedaletrains

Postby Tynedaletrains » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Kitwaller wrote:Thanks for the heads up tt. I've just ordered a dapol class 66 in n gauge off tynedale trains and seems like a very good price. The bloke said he is opening a shop somewhere around Hexham in the summer. Just hope it happens soon cause miss town foot models.

No problem. They seem to have some decent locos in stock. I'm going to ring them to see if I can go along and see the class 66 for sale. Also want to know if they can get dapol silver bullets for a good price.

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 pm

A bit of a coincidence that your username and that of the shop are the same. Pulling wool over eyes? We are watching you!

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Stressed? Fight My Brute! MyBrute

Return to “Model Railway Shop”