Hereford Model Centre

What do you want from a model railway shop?
patchford

Hereford Model Centre

Postby patchford » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say that in my opinion coming from Sheffield and being spoilt that Hereford Model Centre must be one of the best shops of its type in the country. I have met many fellow modellers from all over Britain in the shop and must say I enjoy the experience. I sometimes even catch myself going in just to browse. Spent a lot of money in there and my Wife calls it "The Model **** Shop". Keeps me quiet.
Let me know what you think, certainly beats Rails etc
Have a good day.
Patch

Layout Site http://www.patchtown.webs.com/

b308

Re: Hereford Model Centre

Postby b308 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:16 pm

I haven't been over there for quite a while but it certainly used to be a good shop!

poliss

Postby poliss » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:38 pm

But if anyone says they don't like the shop the thread will be locked and posts probably be deleted. There is no balance allowed on the forum.

bike2steam

Postby bike2steam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

A while ago they used to supply steam loco tenders seperately, I used them a few times, and found the service excellent, these days they throw in a few tempting deals, I'm seriously tempted by the Bachmann Jinty (47500) at £50 - mmmm.

thomas the plank engine

Postby thomas the plank engine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:21 pm

poliss wrote:But if anyone says they don't like the shop the thread will be locked and posts probably be deleted. There is no balance allowed on the forum.

So tempted :lol:

but as I have never used the shop I can't comment........ :mrgreen:

Ian

trooper

Postby trooper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 pm

poliss wrote:But if anyone says they don't like the shop the thread will be locked and posts probably be deleted. There is no balance allowed on the forum.

There is a balance on the forum BUT when it gets personal like it did on the Hornby forum a while back, THEN it is time to stop and think. As one poster said one mans heaven is anothermans hell.
Carrying on

dubdee1000

Postby dubdee1000 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 pm

I have some sympathy with what Poliss says. If you have a look a the first page of the Rails of Sheffield thread within this section, you'll see a few comments that might be construed as less than constructive criticism, so perhaps a slightly unbalanced approach. However, on the other side, as Trooper points out, things can spark off very quickly and fast get out of hand. If i remember the original 'rant' before it was deleted, i think it made unsubstantiated reference to a well-known retailer going out of business. Perhaps in this case, the Mods felt that it was possibly libelous and acted promptly to lessen the risk of harm.

poliss

Postby poliss » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:13 pm

To be balanced you have to allow an opposing point of view, and it isn't allowed. Perhaps threads just praising retailers should be locked too.

bike2steam

Postby bike2steam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 am

trooper wrote:
There is a balance on the forum BUT when it gets personal like it did on the Hornby forum a while back,

It's an ever present problem on internet forums, you'll always get the cowardly trolls that 'hide' behind a computer keyboard.

b308

Postby b308 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 am

It surely depends on how it's worded, if the criticism is put constructively and can be substantiated then i don't see why it should stay, however the Forum Owner has to be careful in these circumstances, so the final decission is their's.

patchford

Postby patchford » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 am

Ooh eck. Didn't mean to be so controversial. Anyway as long as opinions are constructive and not abusive you would hope that even the shop's would look at and improve their service. Many companies spend millions on customer surveys but this is free and honest.
The website for Hereford is not the best and serves no justice to its range or massive stock (You should see the basement). They also have a massive offering of limited editions and Hereford regionalised models so it makes a worthwhile trip. Bu the way I am just a customer and don't work their, credit where credit is due
Have a good day.
Patch

Layout Site http://www.patchtown.webs.com/

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Someone has obviously rattle Poliss' cage recently.

So much is let go on here it is unreal. Hey we even allow mods to be criticised :roll: Problem is, some just don't know when to stop or when they are just bang out of order. Maybe we get it wrong occasionally but rights and freedom go hand in hand with responsibility not anarchy.

Legitimate well phrased and argued opposing views are rarely (if ever) deleted.

Then again, I tend to be the gentler one on the mod side - it wasn't (and perhaps isn't) always the case :lol:

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

thomas the plank engine

Postby thomas the plank engine » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 am

joshing_man wrote:Then again, I tend to be the gentler one on the mod side - it wasn't (and perhaps isn't) always the case :lol:

Andrew

I'll remember that next time I need to upset any MODS........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:26 pm

:D
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Return to “Model Railway Shop”