Bromsgrove

What do you want from a model railway shop?
gromit54

Bromsgrove Models

Postby gromit54 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:56 am

Hi guys,
I ordered some bits from here on sunday night, got an e-mail Monday morning saying they were in the post and they were on my door mat Tuesday morning, does'nt get any better than that. Great service and cheaper than the model shop down the road even with p+p :D
Mad dog gromit strikes again!!

sishades

Re: Bromsgrove Models

Postby sishades » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 am

I have used Bromsgrove on many occasions and found them to be thoroughly professional. I purchased most of my DCC equipment from them, including my digitrax system.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

CRABFAT

Postby CRABFAT » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Bromsgrove are the most boring shop in the UK. Always fast delivery, always friendly, always in stock, always great service, boring boring boring. Keep it up. :D :D :D
If it aint broke, break it anyway!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17559

Postby 37040 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Just ordered some parts from Bromsgrove, e-mail back within a hour to say the goods are in the post, there is good but this is excellent service, well done Bromsgrove.

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:49 am

Another thumbs up fro Bromsgrove Models from me. Ordered a tcs decoder Friday evening, had a dispatch email Saturday morning and it arrived today. Excellent service and communication and a good price to boot. I'll be using them for all my decoders in future. And I really liked the tcs chip too.

:) :) :)

beerandpies

Postby beerandpies » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:23 pm

Well, not much has changed! Ordered two Digitrax DZ125IN from them on Wednesday and they where here promptly this morning, both now in my 156 and everything is great!

To order a similar item posted from a large box shifter would have been £22 per chip + £4 postage = £48. From Bromsgrove they were £18 per chip + £2.25 DCC chip posting which came to £38.25. Fantastic value, I'll be ordering again when I can convince the Mrs that another loco is just what the layout needs ;)
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm

I know it's a bit rotten of me, but I've tended to use 'box shifters'. Ahh what do you do when you have a DCC problem and need some advice - instant advice ??? It seems to me it has to be Bromsgrove Models I ordered 2 decoders (the stock list said 1 only in stock) very rapidly I had a message pointing this fact out and asking if I wanted to wait for the second one (Mid Aug). This type of care deserves being rewarded, so note to "self" - always try checking Bromsgrove first before I do anything !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

stephenson

Postby stephenson » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 pm

I just want to say thank you for your DDC help online in these pages. I will get back to you when I actually do it (looking for a soldering iron). And, when I can;t I will send it on.

S
batteries not included

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi
I ordered on the 19th and the goods arrived in a.m. post the next day, the 20th.
It's as though John at Bromsgrove is actually handing you your purchase.
10/10 for both goods and service. :D :D :D :D
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

ian sant

Postby ian sant » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Also had great service. Ordered a Powercab on Thursday and got it Saturday. They e-mailed me to tell me when it would arrive.

sishades

Postby sishades » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 am

We should all go and see John and give him a big manly hug.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

BromsMods

Postby BromsMods » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 am

sishades wrote:We should all go and see John and give him a big manly hug.

Would that be what's called "customer care"??????????

Regards

John R
Bromsgrove Models

sishades

Postby sishades » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 am

I can feel the love already... :)

Donwu

Postby Donwu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

I too have had great service from Bromsgrove Models. The 'bits' arrived within a few days and a discount for MERG membership AND they even recalculated the postage cost and gave a refund...can't be bad. The next lot of decoders will certainly be ordered from them - or I might visit.

BROADTRAIN1979

Postby BROADTRAIN1979 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 pm

I shall be going, to the nec model railway expo in november, as bromsgrove models will be there, i will e hoping to ask some :?: s about the best decoders, for my farish 6 pin diesels and also sound chipping my emu, the4cep sound. oh no!! i here them saying, lets hide :shock: :shock:
Youll never find a 501 like mine.

Return to “Model Railway Shop”