M G Sharp - Sheffield

What do you want from a model railway shop?
wobblybob

M G Sharp - Sheffield

Postby wobblybob » Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Is M G Sharp of Sheffield still in business? The website hasn't functioned for some months and I have not recently seen their adverts in either the N-gauge Society Journal or Continental Modeller.

Bob

b308

Re: M G Sharp - Sheffield

Postby b308 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm

I do hope not, I don't get up there that often as it's quite a way from the station, but I'll try if I can unless someone nearer can confirm one way or the other...

poliss

Postby poliss » Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm

According to their website, "Our Shopping Cart & Emails Are Not Currently Working - Due To Our Software & Hosting Company Going In To Liquidation." "We are Working On A New Web Site & This Should Be Up & Running In A Couple Of Months!!"

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 pm

b308 wrote:I do hope not, I don't get up there that often as it's quite a way from the station,

I've been there several times in the past, no problem really, just get the tram to Attercliffe.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm

wobblybob wrote:Is M G Sharp of Sheffield still in business?

b308 wrote:I do hope not,

b308 - Is that a typo :D

senorsenales

Postby senorsenales » Fri May 04, 2012 11:25 pm

I had the same problem when I emailed them some time ago, nor did they answer the phone.

I went to Sheffield and a decent bus driver dropped me right at the door just at ten o'clock when they should have opened. Half past ten still no sign, and no answer from the phone.

Jumped on a bus to go back and as we drove by the shutters were just coming up. Went back and they keep the door locked and only admit you when you knock.

They said their email was down, but didn't seem particularly concerned. Strange way to do business, but there we are, they had a decent range of American stuff once you got in there.

wobblybob

Postby wobblybob » Sun May 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Okay, thanks to all for the information.

Bob

Return to “Model Railway Shop”