Buffers Model Railways

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Dad-1

Buffers Model Railways

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Spent the best part of a week down on the Dorset/Devon border.
Decided to drop into Buffers Model Railways on the Chard - Axminster road, what a nice shop !! Like going to see friends and they have as good a stock of scenic products as anywhere I have ever been. Went in to have a look and buy a couple of '00' cars ...... came out with much more.
When you're there looking around you'll almost certainly be offered a cup of tea or coffee.
To start with the fact that no items had any price tickets was getting at me ...... Then I opened my eyes and they have a customer scan where you can find the price of any item by using a scanner on the bar code ...... My Grandson thought that was great, it kept him busy for quite a while !!
Well worth a visit if you're in the area !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

kennyGWSR

Re: Buffers Model Railways

Postby kennyGWSR » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 pm

yes it is a great shop :) some nice stuff in there. i really must remember to see if they still have models of hinderton hall.
great customer service and such a fantastic shop!
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

manormadman

Postby manormadman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Kenny, I believe they still have some in stock, but I went a week ago, so they MAY have sold out.
Cheers Seb
:D

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Ventured in again at the end of last Month - as you do .......
Now I have a holiday caravan near Bridport I'll get in there even more.
Same friendly service and cup of tea. Didn't have the large container of ballast I wanted (waiting for delivery)
but somehow I came out less £55 ? all for scenic bit's & pieces where their stock is superb.

Bought some very expensive (£5.99) pre 1967 road signs, brilliant quality from someone called
Miniscene Models, premier range with 4 in a pack (00). Yep expensive, but the quality ..... well see for yourself.

All I can say is if you're ever going into Pecorama, find Buffers, Just north of Axminster on the Chard road.
I know you'll like it in there.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Return to “Model Railway Shop”