New Model Shop in Peterborough

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Terrier

Re: New Model Shop in Peterborough

Postby Terrier » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 am

ERMick wrote:
Terrier wrote:Ahh, no worries, not like me to misread something lol, cheers Mick, aye, then i can say seems like good ol'Trains4U have got the right idea (did wonder how a model 'chain' store having a decent railway running running worked out :lol: ) Maybe Modelzone could learn a thing or two from a proper model shop like Trains4U then. I will certainly be up that way one day, so would rather pop in and spend some dosh in there than in Modelzone... always go for the one with the good and trusted owners and a 32' model railway in the shop. :D

Cheers ERMick

Terrier

Yes if you get the chance and you're in the area you really should pop in - it's a great shop to have locally. It's also right opposite Screwfix and not far from Wickes - now that's what I call a shopping trip! :D

Aye, that's the ultimate combo, ...wood, tools and models! bliss! :D

Martin71

Postby Martin71 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi

Yet you find plenty of time to write nasty vindictive "Reviews" about us...

I actually read some of them and you are way out of line Son of Triangman. Why dont you give it a rest. To be honest I am sick of you lies fibs and bitching.Triang in my opinion is garbage. I would have no interest in model trains if that was the standard.

I wouldnt expect any modern model shop to carry spares from a company that ceased to exist 30 + years ago.

Let me put it another way if you got nothing good to say......and I will be blunt "shut up"!

Martin

poliss

Postby poliss » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

SOT, could your problems with the NVR have anything to do with you accusing them of this? by son of triangman on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:16 am "However I think a member of staff offering to wave our travel fares in return for bonking my fiancee is totally unacceptable behaviour." viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17961&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

I'll_be_in_the_loft

Postby I'll_be_in_the_loft » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Martin71 wrote:

Let me put it another way if you got nothing good to say......and I will be blunt "shut up"!

Martin

Unlike many people I've never had the urge to visit Australia, it just doesn't appeal to me. However, I just love the peoples' attitudes. Straight to the point, no beating about the bush (no pun intended), say what you mean. "Shut up" is just perfect. Well done that man, you're just saying what I am sure many of us are thinking. :P

SoT, who got the free ride? You and Mel or the NVR bloke (I'm guessing it was a he, it just says 'member of staff' in your post)
My ebay sales may be viewed by clicking HERE.
Feel free to place bids, GENUINE bidders only please.

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Time for all to get back to topic boys.

Seems to me that ModelZone is usually understocked and overpriced. Have no experience of Trains4U as well out of my area but others have tended to give a good opinion but there will always be some who disagree (see Hattons/Rails etc etc).

Triang has its place but really that place is more and more likely to be in a collection or a museum rather than on a layout nowadays with far better quality locos and engines available. Each to their own - apparently some people on here like Class 50's but keep it pretty quiet :wink:

So chaps agree to disagree and take long running feuds onto pm if you need to continue them :evil:

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Paul back on toipic what is Mels favourite Vac if she is a fan every one has thier fave and favourites while a lot of people thought 35 was a neddy fairground engine with huge dinner plates i did not it was the best by far and a lot of people were not keen on 34 or 17 but they got no taste :lol: Theese 3 were the best Vac's in the buisness and it is such a shame Furious is no longer with us to say hello to 17 and 35 :roll: Closely followed in the excellent category by 39 and 19 theese were my top 5 with 33/36/32/37/004/14 joint making upo top[ 10
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

I'll_be_in_the_loft

Postby I'll_be_in_the_loft » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Haven't you asked this before on another thread? And had it answered? I'm sure this is the case.
I also like the 50's a lot, I have 6 at present, down from 8, but I never had a favourite.
50035 Ark Royal wrote:..........every one has thier fave and favourites................

Am I odd?
My ebay sales may be viewed by clicking HERE.
Feel free to place bids, GENUINE bidders only please.

Trains4u

Postby Trains4u » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:39 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Paul back on toipic what is Mels favourite Vac...

And there I was thinking the topic was about Modelzone Peterborough...

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Wow, Modelzone are really opening loads of shops at the moment arent they? They have 2 new ones opening in my neck of the woods in October (Cardiff & Swansea)... After closing my little shop and in my current situation I would love to go and work for them.... I have hounded them with CV's but no response unfortunately :( I shall have to pop along when they open their doors !

Always good to see new shops opening, a good sign that our hobby is thriving ! :)

bobby55016

Postby bobby55016 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:what is Mels favourite Vac

50019. he told you just a day or two ago in another topic :roll:
Bobby Hill

Postby 44007 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:08 am

Shouldn't really have to say it as I think it is pretty common knowledge but T4U is a great shop in a wonderful space with excellent service and stock.

Son of triangman.... you really do project an image of a very nasty vindictive little man ....very hard to fathom what is truth and what is lies, although I suspect the latter.

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 am

bobby55016 wrote:
50035 Ark Royal wrote:what is Mels favourite Vac

50019. he told you just a day or two ago in another topic :roll:

Ok Bobby keep your cool :lol: i must have missed that , but Mel has great choice. Ramillies is a beast and my 5th fave, im very lucky to have 3 out of my top 5 saved :D
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Ok so the thread is NOT about Class 50's or other shops (although some licence to wander seems appropriate) but about Model Zone in Peterborough.

Perhaps the fact is that the original question(s) have now been done to death so this one could be left to wither and die down the board?? T4U can have their own thread (within reason bearing in mind the advertising rules of the site) if members wish to extol or castigate them.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

bobby55016

Postby bobby55016 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:22 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Ok Bobby keep your cool :lol:

dude. i'm always cool 8) :wink:
Bobby Hill

richard tj

Postby richard tj » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Crap, didn't know so many of you lot live around this bleedin flat part of the Country. Assume you must have all gone to Cambridge back when the only model shop was next to the Grafton? Anyone attend the exhibition in Ely some months back? Finally tracked down an Ivatt 2-6-0 at a decent price while I was there! Never seen so much stock under one roof! I assume that those in this area are aware of the small, but not so insubstantial model shop in March (near Sainsbury's)- also a card shop. Has a fair stock of decent stuff on offer.

Return to “Model Railway Shop”