Durham Trains of Stanley

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Phipps

Durham Trains of Stanley

Postby Phipps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 pm

I don't know if this retail outlet has a thread already or not,but this deserves a mention........
Telephoned yesterday lunchtime & Mick who runs the shop was able to talk to me whilst somehow trying to work in the shop at the same time,anyway.........
He posted my new 32-117 Bachmann Class 08 yesterday & it arrived with me at 9.30 this morning,which really impressed me in terms of service.
Superb & cheaper than Hattons's price at under £50 inc P&P :D

ste234

Re: Durham Trains of Stanley

Postby ste234 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Ive been into the shop, and its brilliant! Everything is neatly presented and easy to see, and the staff are very friendly!
And the prices are quite good :mrgreen:
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

wobblybob

Postby wobblybob » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I've placed a couple of online orders with Durham Trains. Turnround is very fast, an email is sent confirming dispatch and items are well packaged. Excellent service all round!
Last edited by wobblybob on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:38 pm

And I thought I was the only person on here from Durham area :D ... Havent been up to Durham Trains yet but after these comments I may just have a drive up there soon. Model Active at Chester Moor is also a nice well laid out model shop.

sb
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

charliepetty

Postby charliepetty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

In my opinion, the best shop in the North east, but worth popping into Townfoot Models too! See there Website for info.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Cheers for the tip.I plan to get the other 8750 Pannier(green GWR version) from DToS when it get's realeased by Bachmann at the end of the summer.Mick did the black late crest one for a good price when that came out :wink:

charliepetty

Postby charliepetty » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Best shop in the Newcastle area, highly recommended, but we must mention the surprising little shop in Darlington, DRM which is near to North Road station and railway museum.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Stanley's far enough from where I stay when I'm up there,so Darlington would be a fair old hike I'm afraid.
I have promised to visit Mick at DToS on two occasions,but not made it there :oops: :oops: :oops:
My problem is that I'd had problems with my car when I'm in the area,so having survived this time around,I may well make a visit when I intend to visit Beamish Museum next time :wink:

DAVID S.

Postby DAVID S. » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 am

Hi all.Only just joined the forum and may I add that Mick and the team at Durham Trains of Stanley are well worth a visit.I have been dealing there now for over two years and not once had any problem.Repair service available and now with 'In House' weathering.

Dave

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:39 am

I use Durham Trains Of Stanley quite a bit, It is about an hour a way, I have been there a few times and get a cup of tea every time I visit. I also make a point of speaking to them at shows even if I don't buy. Although they have online ordering, I prefer to phone Mick up and tell him what I want, he is also happy to get me things that are not in stock, and if he has something that I am desperate for, I ask if it could go in the post that day, generally it is with me the following day.

Return to “Model Railway Shop”