Sherwood Models Nottingham

What do you want from a model railway shop?
BarrySmithson

Sherwood Models Nottingham

Postby BarrySmithson » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 am

:P
Last edited by BarrySmithson on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

son of triangman

Re: Sherwood Models Nottingham

Postby son of triangman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:30 am

They are about the same, both are decent dealers. A shop can look small but can be very long and have lots of space, don't just go on looks, go into the shop and have a look if you are near.

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 am

I ordered some items from this guy last week. They havnt arrived yet.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I got a relative to pop in for an item I wanted. Apparently the shop was full of postal boxes, the staff member had to rummage around for the item (Advertsied on their web site) then had to phone someone up to find out what price to charge :roll:

Edit: Just rembered, also they would not take a debit/credit card apparently

BarrySmithson

Postby BarrySmithson » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:05 pm

:shock:
Last edited by BarrySmithson on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

1djspikey

Postby 1djspikey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi barry :wink:

i went to sherwoods model shop the layout :!: of the shop could be better and some central heating :lol: i stood talking to ian behind the counter for an nearly two hours and my nut nearly went blue and shrunk :D :D but he is a nice chap and he will give you the time of day anytime you go in and somethings are cheaper than malcs depending what you are after :wink:

oh one more thing if a bloke in a navy raincoat and a old ladys dark red bag comes in get out the shop quick he stinks :shock: and you cant get a word in edgeways you would of thought he own the place :D

reguards spikey :D

son of triangman

Postby son of triangman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:51 am

Bachmann have the edge over Hornby now. For the Southern modeller their new box EMU thingys(they all look the same) are superb. Hornby are still stuck in the traction tyre age, even the new Javelin has traction tyres and has a nasty habit of shreding them or making them come off when running, it also has a punny motor, nothing like the beefed up multi motored version used in the record attempt.

sishades

Postby sishades » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:27 pm

They cancelled my order after 8 days of waiting. The website advertises stock that they do not have ie City Of Leicester. He does not check his internet orders regularly and knew nothing of my order despite placing it a week before hand.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

BarrySmithson

Postby BarrySmithson » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 pm

:twisted:

Return to “Model Railway Shop”