New Railway Modellers Shop

What do you want from a model railway shop?
midland_red
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby midland_red » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Once again I have had great service from the NRM shop. Ordered items yesterday afternoon, received Interlink tracking details last night and parcel duly arrived when stated and in perfect condition.

A lot of online retailers could learn a lot from NRM shop for truly great service.

Trevor.

User avatar
Bufferstop
Posts: 11245
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Bottom end of N. Warks line

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Another reminder to all not to overlook New Railway Modellers Shop when searching for something. I'd done a half-hearted Ebay search for spare buffers for the Hornby J94. One had come unscrewed on one of my two J94s and where it fell out lord only knows, all I could find was the nut. Just got the NRM Shop news-letter clicked on Hornby Spares and there it was. Pack ordered.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

User avatar
kiwitram
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: England

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby kiwitram » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm a little concened about an order from NRMS. Having placed the order eleven days ago, and received an email informing me of my order being despatched, I'm still waiting for my items...

Of course this could possibly be down to Royal 'Snail' Mail- it does seem to be very selective as to where receives the best paced postage- although given that I'm near Brighton (alright, I'm in Hastings but my nearest BIG postage depots are surely Ashford, Brighton or Tonbridge) I would have expected to have my items here now. I'll wait until next weekend and see what happens. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the postage options when I ordered.

User avatar
glencairn
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: Both sides of the Border

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby glencairn » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:42 pm

kiwitram wrote:I'm a little concened about an order from NRMS. Having placed the order eleven days ago, and received an email informing me of my order being despatched, I'm still waiting for my items...

Of course this could possibly be down to Royal 'Snail' Mail- it does seem to be very selective as to where receives the best paced postage- although given that I'm near Brighton (alright, I'm in Hastings but my nearest BIG postage depots are surely Ashford, Brighton or Tonbridge) I would have expected to have my items here now. I'll wait until next weekend and see what happens. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the postage options when I ordered.


Not that I am defending Royal Mail, but on more than one occasion I have ordered goods from firms and they have stated 'It is in the post'. Having contacting the said companies of not receiving the goods, lo and behold the parcels arrived within the next two days. The post mark was of the day I contacted them!

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

User avatar
kiwitram
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: England

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby kiwitram » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:01 pm

glencairn wrote:on more than one occasion I have ordered goods from firms and they have stated 'It is in the post'. Having contacting the said companies of not receiving the goods, lo and behold the parcels arrived within the next two days. The post mark was of the day I contacted them!


That's happened to me a few times, as well. We'll see what happens. I emailed the other day just to say it had been practically a fortnight, and was promptly told that if it isn't with me by the beginning of next week it'll most likely be marked as a lost item. I didn't think to ask as to whether I could have a refund or not. Somehow I doubt it. All that hassle to save me time; really, I should have just taken the 20 minute walk across Hastings to one of the few model shops we're still blessed with.

Alex

User avatar
alex3410
Posts: 3442
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Essex

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby alex3410 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:59 pm

if it does not arrive you will be entitled to a refund or replacement

i am sure they will sort it out & are probably just hoping it will arrive in the meantime.

kebang
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Bohol, Philippines

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby kebang » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 am

It's a shame that this shop only posts to Europe. On a couple of occasions I've found items in the store which I wanted - but they don't offer postage outside of Europe so I've had to purchase elsewhere. ( I live in The Philippines)

Oxley
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 am
Location: Bundaberg

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby Oxley » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Found the New Modellers Shop had some backscenes that I could make use of. Placed an order and
received it in just over a week to Aus. Never used this shop before and I was pleased with the service.

BuffyMcBuffer
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby BuffyMcBuffer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Oxley wrote:Found the New Modellers Shop had some backscenes that I could make use of. Placed an order and
received it in just over a week to Aus. Never used this shop before and I was pleased with the service.


I ordered some stone faced plastic card from them and it arrived quite quickly and safely tbh I think if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites

Dad-1
Posts: 5739
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Dorset - A mile from West Bay.

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm as guilty as many on this website for not supporting the NRM shop.
There is no real reason, but I can conform that they manage to get
Royal Mail next day delivery should orders be placed early in the day.

Today a Knightwing conveyor with a couple of Dapol 16 Ton mineral kits
dropped through my letterbox. If they have what you want I'd strongly
reccommend them.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

User avatar
TimberSurf
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby TimberSurf » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:08 am

I recently ordered from them and am very happy with the speed service and they sorted out a problem of the original manufacturers, with no hesitation whatsoever. Very happy customer.
Image
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

User avatar
Bufferstop
Posts: 11245
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Bottom end of N. Warks line

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:34 am

BuffyMcBuffer wrote: if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites


Buffy in case anyone should be misled by your wording, "New Railway Modellers Shop" is the sponsor who provides the platform on which Newrailwaymodellers is run. Simon (id Saslord) allows us pretty free reign on the content, apart from some very loose guidelines for which we are immensely grateful. We wouldn't want him to feel the tail was wagging the dog.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Buelligan
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby Buelligan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 am

I too had great service from this shop, and will definitely use again. The loco broke after a day, they sent me a returns slip, and a promise to repair it and return it. But within a few days of sending the broken item back, I received a brand new replacement item!

My problem is that I’m more of an impulse buyer. Far more likely to buy something because I’m having a look around a shop or show and see something I like, than I am to sit down and search through an online shop.

Case in point, on holiday earlier this week, popped into a model shop in Cromer and bought a card kit for a bridge, the same bridge I’ve looked at several times on web shops and dismissed. But I was there, I could have it right away and I fancied it.

BuffyMcBuffer
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Postby BuffyMcBuffer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:26 am

Bufferstop wrote:
BuffyMcBuffer wrote: if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites


Buffy in case anyone should be misled by your wording, "New Railway Modellers Shop" is the sponsor who provides the platform on which Newrailwaymodellers is run. Simon (id Saslord) allows us pretty free reign on the content, apart from some very loose guidelines for which we are immensely grateful. We wouldn't want him to feel the tail was wagging the dog.



Ah my bad thank you for clearing that one up (woof) :lol:


Return to “Model Railway Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest