morning from bridlington

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
koyli55002

morning from bridlington

Postby koyli55002 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am

HELLO well i must say iv been out the game a decade and things haven't slowed down while i was away so a little about myself,
My name is Liam 27 and currently in the Bridlington area.
as a kid i grew up with model railways with my huge collection of 48 different class 37s, at 18 started chasing women buying motorbikes and playing real trains skip forward 9 years and we come to today, i recently got married and have 5 children (4 step kids) and moved in together we are started our life then the unavoidable covid.
well at the start of lockdown I had gone from working full time making replica nameplates to deciding not to drive because of eye sight issues and after a lot of digging about got a diagnosis of relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis at the end of April and since my health has declined to a point i cant walk unaided. a few months of self pity latter and i start building my life back up learning to live how i can, when my little boy started watching railway videos with me on tv the light bulb illuminated and reluctantly my wife let me put a 8x4 board on the table and build a little railway and its just reignited the interest i used to have and wish to share my adventures in model railways with people and now with more time, i have decided to maybe look at other avenues to review items on a YouTube channel or something but not for a long time haha.

anyway i will stop there all that jabbering on, I hope to learn and maybe even forbid give a little advice.

Stainsacre

Re: morning from bridlington

Postby Stainsacre » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:32 am

Welcome aboard. That’s quite a collection of 37s, do you still have them?
Dave

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 am

Welcome to the group Liam.
I hope you enjoy your self here there are many fine model's and modellers here.
Some truely outstanding 8 x 4 layouts as well.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am

Welcome on board, Liam.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Welcome. Do you still have your models to fall back on or are you needing to make a fresh start?

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 pm

koyli55002 wrote: and reluctantly my wife let me put a 8x4 board on the table and build a little railway

Welcome to the Forum Liam - don't make it too good or she might take it over!?

koyli55002

Postby koyli55002 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 pm

hi guys thanks for the warm welcome looks like my bigger layout will be sooner than expected, email from an estate agent means we are applying for a house.
unfortunately i sold all my model stuff at 18 kick myself hard now but started slowly building up a few bits a dapol 68 and western, the bachmann dcc mk2f the Hatton's RHTT and the MK5 on order for a tpe 68 so at the moment a long way from a full fleet of tractors again.

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”