Newbie member

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
Colonelbogie

Newbie member

Post by Colonelbogie »

Hi.
Firstly thanks for letting me join the forum.
The lockdown was a reason for me to clear my loft of accumulated things I no longer need.
Plus the fact that I kept watching videos of model railway layouts and got quite hooked on certain modellers channels on YouTube I decided to make a return to railway modelling and my loft is the ideal now free space.
Its been 35 or so years since I gave it all up, but the box of mostly Triang/Hornby locos,rolling stock & buildings etc is still in my parents loft.
What state it is in now after all that time remains to be seen, I cant get to it to find out as they are in their late 70s so obviously at this time I am not visiting.
My layout will but OO and run around the perimeter of the loft.
Its early stages for me at the moment, baseboard woodwork is the next job i have to do.
I have a rough idea of a track plan.
Era will be 70s-80s, probably diesel only.
Southern region, class 33s and 73s were what i remember as a kid.
In the meantime you can expect lots of newbie questions.
Thanks, David
Dublo

Re: Newbie member

Post by Dublo »

Welcome to the forum David.
I hope you enjoy it here, we are a nice friendly group. There are some very tallented and knowledgable modellers here who will be only to happy to answer any questions you may have.
glencairn

Re: Newbie member

Post by glencairn »

Welcome on board, David.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought