new boy on the block

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
toprulesman

new boy on the block

Postby toprulesman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi, my name is Les and have just returned to OO scale after 40+ years on the 4' 8 1/2* railway. Once responsible for the national rule book I now have to relearn everything in 4mm scale. Have been given permission to use the room t the top of the house (loft) well a bit of it anyway, 10ft by 14ft to be precise. at the moment, everything is ahead of me. My layout from the 90's is being dismantled and I am ready to get started. I am now the proud owner of 2 class 08's Kadee fitted and the gaugemaster DCC02 system and have everything to look forward to! That's where I'm stuck, knowing where to go! it has to be 1970/80s my start on the railway so, mainly diesel. South Wales coal and steel mainly with freightliners out of Danygriag and passenger stock from Swansea. any suggestions for a layout would be very welcome. Les (the Toprulesman title relates to me being responsible for the rule book for many years}

Mountain

Re: new boy on the block

Postby Mountain » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Welcome to this site. We are a friendly bunch!
Cut down class 08's (Maybe best not to cut the models down as is only about a mm or two if you did!) would make a lovely model of the last days of the BP&GVR. I worked with a few of the staff who used to work that line.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

End2end

Postby End2end » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 am

Hi and welcome to the forum toprulesman.
Sounds like a great size for a layout. :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 am

Welcome toprulesman.

You can forget all about the rule book from your past life, and just bear in mind that there is only Rule 1 here - it's my (your) railway and I (you) can do what I (you) like!

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”