Bachmanns big hauler set

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
jessica

Bachmanns big hauler set

Post by jessica »

Hi, I have a Bachmann's big hauler trainset which I cant seem to get to work so am looking to sell either as a set or individually for parts maybe? Please can you advise me how much to price it at? thankyou.
luckymucklebackit

Re: Bachmanns big hauler set

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Big Hauler is a name for a series of products, the price of these varies a lot, you would need to post a photograph, or go onto ebay and look for one that is the same, The value will depend on how fixable the fault is/

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
GWR_fan

Re: Bachmanns big hauler set

Post by GWR_fan »

There have been at least five variations on the "Big Hauler" trainset locomotive, commencing with the radio control set from circa-1989 with plastic loco drive wheels up to the current day. The early sets (prior circa-2000) are not worth very much as the loco drivetrain was problematic. Best advice would be to search eBay or Google to find similar sets and then do a completed search of listings for that particular set on eBay. This will give you an idea as to what the items sold for.

Barring that a model shop may offer you a pittance to take it off your hands. Do not anticipate a windfall though which ever way you choose to dispose of it.