Hello From 'Sunny' Kidderminster

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
BRPannierTank

Hello From 'Sunny' Kidderminster

Postby BRPannierTank » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi every one :)

Living close to Kidderminster SVR station and having always been interested in steam engines and trains in general I thought it was high time I got into railway modelling.
I have always enjoyed making models and painting miniature figures, however I prefer to do something with them rather than have them as ornaments so I use them for Wargaming. In the same way model railways move and look great so the appeal is double to me, however I am totally new to this hobby and work full time as well as doing a lot of commission work on figures, this leaves me with very little time to spend on building a lay out so I have been saving my commission earnings and have used it to get a small layout professionally built.

I have made time to work on the engines and rolling stock for the lay out and have also been working on a lot of items to add to it, signal box, figures, platform seats and the like (I was up at 3am yesterday morning and worked on figures and railway stuff until 10pm) so there will be a lot of my work on there too.

Any advice or help will be very welcome and I have an awful lot of questions to ask!

Al The Best, John :)

TimberSurf

Re: Hello From 'Sunny' Kidderminster

Postby TimberSurf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 am

Hello John and welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of similarities between miniature figures and railway modeling, especially when it comes to painting and weathering (we regularly look at figure painting experts on Youtube, as I am sure they look at railway modellers video's, for inspiration on techniques, skills and experience), so if you do commission work, I have high expectations! (no pressure lol)
I am sure we can each learn from each other, so start the ball rolling and ask away..........
The more information you give to us of your progress, the easier it is, we can pinpoint how to answer any questions you have (and we love lots of pictures)
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

BRPannierTank

Postby BRPannierTank » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:39 am

Hi Timbersurf

Thank you for the welcome :)

I would be happy and honoured to be able to pass on any tips. 8)

ATB John :D

End2end

Postby End2end » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:16 am

Hi John. Welcome to the forum. :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

mekydro

Postby mekydro » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi John

May I add my welcome too.
I'm a 'returning' modeller (retirement has given me the luxury of having enough time to restart my hobby) but relatively new here too. Your experience of figure modelling will, I am sure, come in useful to some of us railway types.

AustralisRico

Postby AustralisRico » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:14 am

Welcome to the forums John,

I've also come from a modelling background and can say alot of the skills come in use, as do any technical skills (computer or electrical).

Hope you enjoy your stay,

Rico.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi John. Welcome to the Forum.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”