SR&RL coach #17 or 18

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
gramps76

SR&RL coach #17 or 18

Postby gramps76 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello, Just wanted to say how happy I am to have come back to Model Railroading. I've been away for quite a while. Many changes have occurred. Progress is good. I see a lot of companies are not in business any longer. I did a lot of scratch building when I was active in the hobby. I see Floquil-Polly S is gone. A lot of the companies that specialized in detail parts are no longer around. It's time to adapt I guess. What do you do for paint? Anyhow I found a Chris Cardinal SR&RL Laconia coach kit in my workshop. Don't really know how old it is. Guess that will be my first project. I am a fan of the SR&RL Railroad. I probably we attempt to build a modular. So eventually I'll be able to give it to one of my grandson's. Talk to you guys latter, gramps76. :)

Bufferstop

Re: SR&RL coach #17 or 18

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Gramps76, welcome to the forum, your IP and email says you are in Pennsylvania, some of the products you mention weren't very well known this side of the pond and probably some of the products we talk about are specific to 00 rather than H0, but as they say "we have more in common than separates us". :D
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi gramps76. Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to see how you progress of SR&RL Railroad.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 am

Welcome to the forum. When I modelled largescale outdoor railways my interest was also the SR&RL Railway. I scratchbuilt many of the Sandy River work cars and combines. I tried a couple of the distinctive coaches however, using the Bachmann Big Hauler kits as source material I eventually gave up. One coach I had to individually cut each window frame from the donor coach to get the correct window spacing on the Sandy River car. Alas, it all got too much for me and my interest waned. I assume that you are modelling in two foot narrow gauge "h.o." scale or perhaps On30.

gramps76

Postby gramps76 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi, Yes I model in HOn2. I really find the scale to have a great deal of character. I have just returned to the hobby as I stated before. A lot of changes. The coach I was speaking about is a resin kit. I never built one. looking forward to it. Might also try modular construction for my layout. Have no Idea hoe it will look. By the way are you from across the pond. You know I always wanted to say that. First chance I ever had. gramps76. :D

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:06 pm

gramps76 wrote:............By the way are you from across the pond. You know I always wanted to say that. First chance I ever had. gramps76. :D

I live in the southern hemisphere. You no doubt are referring to "across the pond" meaning across the Atlantic Ocean. In Australia "across the pond" refers to people in New Zealand. From a New Zealand perspective, they say "across the ditch" in reference to the Tasman Sea that separates Australia from New Zealand.

Thus I am not only across the pond and south of the border but also downunder.

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”