Hello

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
demontweak

Hello

Postby demontweak » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello all,
My name is Bob and I am more than halfway through my 7th decade. I have been involved in modelling (Radio Control in the main) most of my life but never had a "Train Set".

Over the last few months I have been looking around online and I have decided to take the plunge, there is some need to hurry before I loose my last few remaining marbles or drop off the perch.

I have decided on an N Gauge Roundy Roundy with some shunting in the centre as the trains go past.

It will be about a door size layout (6'6" x 2'6") using Kato Unitrack and DCC as that seems to me to be the easiest/quickest way to get up and running. I will post in the track plans/under construction page and hope for any advice you may be kind enough to give before I make too many expensive mistakes.

Anyway enough rambling, Thank You for the add and please be tolerant as I ask a million questions, (I promise to use search first).

Bob.

Ex-Pat

Re: Hello

Postby Ex-Pat » Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm

demontweak wrote:Hello all,

(I promise to use search first).

Bob.

Welcome Bob - what a highly commendable promise!

shunter68

Postby shunter68 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello Bob and welcome like you I am new to model railways but everyone on the forum are really helpful. :)

andyw

Postby andyw » Sat May 20, 2017 1:51 pm

hello deamontweak, welcome to the forum. like you im into rc mainly helicopters and planes, look forward to seeing your design
andy

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sat May 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello Bob. Welcome to the forum.
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

shezza2

Postby shezza2 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi Bob, well I am well into my 60th decade and have just decided to get back into model railway (my last being 1966) and have found members on this forum to be excellent with all the help that I have needed so far. Best wishes........Pete.

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sat May 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Welcome

We are always happy to help those clinging onto the perch, many of us are also in the same predicament!

May your talons never fail you!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat May 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Bob spotted your ID as it passed through the registrations earlier today. You're beating me by a couple of years but that's no problem , I've let it be known that I'm going nowhere until my layout and all the projects arising from it are finished. I've got a never ending stream of possibilities to invesigate :) Looking forward to your postings.
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

demontweak

Postby demontweak » Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome Bob.
Now to try and post a picture in the Layout Planing section. :?

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”