New member, older modeller

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
Allegheny1600

New member, older modeller

Postby Allegheny1600 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I'll be honest, I was trying to find new places to publicise my clubs model railway exhibition and I found this site through that hunt BUT, I'm staying because of all the great stuff here! Especially all the foreign stuff! Yes! I'm very into my European railways, especially German outline.
I lived in France during some of my formative years but not passionate about French railways, oddly. The only 'working' steam loco I ever saw was a "Kriegslok" in Yugoslavia in 1977.

Name: John Edge
Home: Leigh in Lancashire, UK.
Interests: Railways (real & model, continental European mainly).
Favorite UK Classes: 52, 42/3, 35, 22, 14 (notice the theme!!)
Favourite EU classes: 221, 218, 212, 103, CC6500.
Favourite railway station (UK), Warrington. (EU) Hamburg Damtor.
Music likes: Jethro Tull, any other 'rock' type music and many other genres.

What got me into railways? Dad had a boat, moored on the canal just south of Derby and I used to jump on the roof every time a 'Peak' went past.
Best thing about railways - Classic loco thrash, Steam locos.
Worst thing about the railways - TOC's, government interference, high prices, (nuff said!).

The name? It's from when I modelled the railways of the USA, specifically the Chesapeake & Ohio RR. This was the name and class number of the worlds heaviest and most powerful reciprocating steam locomotive, which was a 2-6-6-6 articulated monster of 7500Hp and 600 tons. Big enough for anyone!

Dad-1

Re: New member, older modeller

Postby Dad-1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 pm

What can I say, but welcome.

I saw the name John Edge and had to look again as we have a John Edge in our Bridport & District MRC.
I knew it wasn't him because firstly we were working together on fixing the clubs running track this
morning and he's a Lot older !! Having said that he likes German NG stuff so some similarity perhaps.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 am

glencairn wrote:As one with a touch of White Rose also, we can keep Lancastrian in check :lol: Glencairn
I have more back up now, from one Lancastrian to another Welcome to the Forum. :D
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:23 am

:D come on chaps, let's not re-run the war of the roses, we all have a job to do in the great north south divide. I suddenly discover I am a Northerner someone having redefined the border as a line from the Bristol Channel to the Wash :roll:
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Allegheny1600

Postby Allegheny1600 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome and nice to see a touch of humour too!
Lancastrian, of course I'll stand by your shoulder mate, even though I'm not Lancastrian by birth (Derby!) but since moving oop north some 11 years ago, I have been made so welcome, made many good friends and love the area very much, I feel native!
And, with a 'southerner' from Dorset in my club, there's always a bit of gentle teasing about that!
All good fun!
Kind regards to all,
John.

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”