Newbie alert!!

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
Graham1

Newbie alert!!

Postby Graham1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi people,
I've just registered on this forum and have just had the official email to say that the account is now active so here I am, My name is Graham and I live in the Cambridgeshire area, I'm in the first phases of building my layout which will be approx. 12' x 6' and is OO gauge. It will not be a true out and out model railway depicting a certain age or region, it will be based on anything I like as regards rolling stock so anything will be seen running - up to a point anyway, nothing too modern, probably up to the 70 -80's and obviously before. So maybe more of a train set than a model railway.

I know virtually nothing about railways - what goes with what but that doesn't matter me as to me I don't want it to be too serious - I have enough 'Seriousness' at work and when I come home I just want to enjoy myself building it. Having said that I do know that it will be nicely detailed and look the part to the novice like me.

OK, that's enough of the intro, I have a Youtube channel where I uploaded a few videos of my layout so far including some where I didn't have my layout earlier this year and was running some of my early rolling stock on the kitchen floor!!

Youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrahamFouls ... _as=public

I will post up in the correct part of the forum my progress so far on my layout.

Graham

craw607

Re: Newbie alert!!

Postby craw607 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 pm

hello and welcome to the forum
john

Graham1

Postby Graham1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks John.

Graham

Woodywood

Postby Woodywood » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Welcome Graham it look good in here and Im newer than you

Woodywood

Postby Woodywood » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Looks
Can't find the edit button

Graham1

Postby Graham1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Hehe!! I've been looking for the edit button too and I can't find it - I don't think there is one so a quick check of spelling is the order of the day on this forum I think and you're right, I have been having a good look round and it does look good, except for the lack of the edit button. :D

Graham

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 pm

@ Woodywood I'll mention again the missing Edit buttons. I think they are on a to do list somewhere. :)
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Have a look at ''View Your Posts''. I am sure the edit button is shown on your post on that page.?

Graham1

Postby Graham1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Buggleskelly wrote:Have a look at ''View Your Posts''. I am sure the edit button is shown on your post on that page.?

Well I've just had a look and to be honest I can't see an edit button but that doesn't mean there isn't one, my wife is always telling me I'm as blind as a bat!!

Graham

Chugga

Postby Chugga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi everyone. My name's alan and i'm new here too. I have just started my new layout and its based loosely on the rocky mountains region of the USA. It is a 10ft x 4ft L shape and has a 2ft timber trestle bridge which i painstakingly designed and built, a custom made turntable, a passing loop and 2 freight lines on the back straight and will eventually have a lumber yard and saw mill and a coal/gold mine built into a mountainside. As i'm fairly new to the hobby you'll probably see me popping up in carious thread asking questions about best practices and tips on scenery etc but hopefully i wont annoy anyone! Just a newbie trying to learn the more difficult aspects of the hobby!

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”