Greeting from Germany

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
William Medland

Greeting from Germany

Postby William Medland » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Hello fellow modellers,

My name is Bill and I am 57 years old and living in Germany ( after serving my time in the forces, I have a German wife)
I have worked for railways for a large part of my life, I have been with the "Bundesbahn" since 1992.

For a number of years I have collected German model railways in HO, but three weeks ago I decided on a total rebuild
and armed with a large amount of superquick buildings and all the English items I could find in the German model shops.
I have made a new start............. my interest is Cornwall 1946-1956 period, the change to Nationalisation.
I love the GWR and the early "BR", also I really have a liking for the Mark 1 coaches.

Working at the railway museum at Bochum-Dahlhausen in my 1940 "Reichsbahn" uniform.

Cheers, Bill.
I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.

craw607

Re: Greeting from Germany

Postby craw607 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum sure you will enjoy.
John

William Medland

Postby William Medland » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks John.

Although before I start writing, I will spend some time trawling through some of the back log of threads on here.

Of course if any forum members have questions about German railways, I will do my best to help.

Cheers, Bill.
I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.

William Medland

Postby William Medland » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:21 am

An Update:

Recently I have sold all of my German stock on e-bay and invested the proceedings into my Tri-Ang Hornby layouts.

I started 6 months ago with a branchline layout based on Wadebridge station, Cornwall, where the SR joined the GWR 1930s.
My second layout, in the same room is based purely on Tri-Ang products produced in the 1950s.
My third layout (in planing) will be a garden 00 layout based on named express trains of the big four companies and early British Railways.

Cheers, Bill.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:16 am

Welcome aboard Bill

I am a former member of BAOR as well.

William Medland

Postby William Medland » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi Dave,

RAF Laarbruch 1985-87 (I actually own one of the former Married Quarters, after the RAF left Germany they went on sale).

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi Bill,

I did two stints, 1977-83, Hohne & Munster, and 89- 94, Osnabruck & Nienburg.

Return to “Welcome / Terms And Conditions / Guest Book”