Rate the site

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.

Rate this site

5 - Excellent
73%
4 - Good
20%
3 - Average
3%
2 - Poor
1%
1 - Very Poor
2%

Total votes: 296

fast track man

Re: Rate the site

Post by fast track man »

Not on alot at moment but from what I have seen so far its Brill.
trains!

Post by trains! »

I've been on many forums and this is by far the best. :D The only other i've been on and think is worth is rmweb, But that is too big too busy. You cant read all the good posts of that day in that day :lol: . NRM on the other hand is the right size :D .
Jake
Modelling Jakey's Junction!....
See here for my plan:
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 44&t=19546

Part of NRM'S officail freight masters
dudes club :cool:
lmsrail

Post by lmsrail »

I cant see how some people think there clever when they rate the site poor etc
There is such a great community on here

This overall is an amazing site and is well worth 5 stars and above!
Regards, Jed
Blacksheep 1

Post by Blacksheep 1 »

[quote="lmsrail"]I cant see how some people.../quote]
Judging by you posts and ever infuriating questions, I don’t think you see much
The Crusade Continues
lmsrail

Post by lmsrail »

Well soooory i wont bother posting any more then
Regards, Jed
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

I have to say that I enjoy this forum as there seams to be a general friendliness about it. As a newbie I find that NRM is a better resource than most other forums.
Manager of the Famous under-achieving Lawton Rovers (NRM xperteleven div2)

Plans are now afoot for the 2nd relocation and resumtion for my N gauge layout Lawton Road..
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

This is the best railway website i've heard of. It has forums, electronic projects, etc. I'm planning to do the light signal project soon.

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
NgaugingTV

Post by NgaugingTV »

Really good site, easy to use unlike a lot of the forums about, keep it up.
Tom
www.ngaugingtv.co.uk
Roy Low

Post by Roy Low »

Excellent - as a pensioner, I am greatful for on-line journals, especially as the price of buying magazines in South Africa is horrible !
Roy Low
sishades

Post by sishades »

This was my first railway forum that I joined and is always the first one that I visit every day. I tried the RMWeb site but found it to be a bit "analy retentive" and very restrictive. I also peruse the Grumpy Modellers site and love its anything goes attititude and humour.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I have just joined this outfit and I'm impressed!

Hopefully I can contribute later on as I am not in my home country but working overseas in the third or fourth world for now. I have a lot of brand new stuff which has been in boxes for five years but I've bought the house and it has got a big garage so far heheh.

Regards to all and thanks for letting me in, promise I won't pinch anything :lol: :lol:

Spitfire :wink: :wink:
Speed Whisker

Post by Speed Whisker »

This is an excellent forum. I was briefly a member of another model railway forum before I joined this one and it was so quiet on there I had the feeling it only had about ten or so active members. I'd ask questions and they'd never seem to be answered - a real 'tumbleweed blowing in the wind' forum. Needless to say I didn't stick around and joined this one soon afterwards.
The other thing I like about this forum is it's friendliness. I've been a member of other forums in the past covering different subjects and they've been very clique orientated to the point that new members are virtually ignored and their posts - or answers to posts - just walked over as if they weren't there.

Long may this forum last. :wink:
Why are the locos I want, in the liveries I want, always either non existent, out of stock, discontinued or collectors club only/limited editions?

I used to be with it, but now what I'm with is no longer it and what's it is somehow strange and confusing.
BIG DUNC

Post by BIG DUNC »

This is a great forum.

Duncan...

BIG DUNC
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Same as others really, first forum I joined, and I won't be leaving it anytime soon, it's always the first forum I check when I come online :)
Viva la NRMF!

Ste :wink:
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
End2end

Post by End2end »

Just wanted to add my 10 pence.
I've been a member for 2 weeks now. Everyday I visit and read more and more but still find so many things to read, advice to heed and great pictures to look at for inspiration.
Amazing forums, intellegent, willing and helpful members and a great community.

My only gripe...the 15 minutes to post posts. Sometimes it takes longer than that to envision what I want to say and I have not found any other forum with a time limit to post/edit posts even if they are phpBB based.
Can this be removed?

I give NRM 99.9/100...but only because there is a signalling problem and the last 0.1% is stuck on a train outside the station lol

Thanks for a great site :)
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread