Railway Modeller

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
21C1

Railway Modeller

Postby 21C1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Oh dear oh dear, RM what have you done. Only put the complete back catalogue of the Magazine on the web. Every edition back to 1949. :shock: What a brilliant idea! I can now relive my childhood in back issues. You must however take out a subscription to Railway Modeller to access them. To work my way through them is going to take ages, my wife isn't going to see me for months :lol: .What a wealth of information to peruse.
Tony

muggins

Re: Railway Modeller

Postby muggins » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:03 am

21C1 wrote:Oh dear oh dear, RM what have you done ...

They've taken the obvious route to increasing subscription sales, particularly at Christmas.

That's what they've done :)

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:26 am

Cynical, but accurate muggins !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:35 am

muggins wrote:They've taken the obvious route to increasing subscription sales...

Probably a boost to sales for one year, two if they are lucky. Wringing that last drop of revenue out of the dead tree mountain, before print goes extinct for small volume publications; and an offer that might ease some of their readership toward online access.

There is some good stuff in there, especially that contributed by people who worked in the rail industry: anyone for a brisk diatribe from Robbo Ormiston-Chant? Hopefully it has been scanned with great care, so that the many line drawings are useful. (Not much hope for the typical quality half tone monochrome photo reproduction, the original print quality was typically muddy and blurry.) Will they dare include the product reviews: typical anodyne, but once in a while something rather more fun; that relating to the brass HO King of fond memory, in which the fact that it was HO rather then OO was never mentioned.

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:35 am

I thought RM had stopped as my local village shop told me about 8 months ago that they could not get them any more.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”