Queries on Hornby Eurostar

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.

Queries on Hornby Eurostar

Post by 4472 »

I have 2 of them. One is the original with model number R1013, the other is the Yellow Submarine pack. I noticed that when assembling the Yellow Submarine that the traction tyres are on the opposite wheels to the R1013. Makes no difference to the running but struck me as odd. Has a new engine been fitted lately. Also I noticed some of the R1013 are being sold with the driving coaches numbered 3219 and 3220 being advertised as rare and attracting a much higher price. Anyone know anything about this ??
Great grandson of Peter Benjamin Spicer (LNWR retired deceased)
Nephew of Cecil Roberts Spicer (GWR retired deceasd)
Dalerailman

Re: Queries on Hornby Eurostar

Post by Dalerailman »

The R1013 eurostar is collectable because apart from the pack version these were the first true 00 gauge models after the farce with ho scale models sold by arrangement by hornby earlier. These were in a way rushed to market and design was cheap and simple to produce. This version in working order is rare complete and intact, many will have been run so well that they needed a new power bogie or 2 to the present. The design difference is due a refresh of the model to make it dcc ready which meant some altered components to achieve this. Another 2 collectable variants a few years after is the GNER Blue pack and 6 car pack