Startup

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
RogerVienna

Re: Startup

Postby RogerVienna » Thu May 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Moving forward now. Changed old coupling on old loco to Fleischmann Profi. found a model shop here in Vienna staffed by a young lady who speaks perfect English. This is a major advance. Found a motor shield on line in German so moving to DCC is getting closer. BTW I am using all free software for the DCC control. Only question is the transformer. I have found a 19volt 4 amp transformer which, I am told, would be ok for older locos but maybe not for up to date DCC (if I ever bought one). Any comments on this gratefully received.
IMG_6635.png

Ironduke

Postby Ironduke » Thu May 20, 2021 10:56 pm

Hopefully any system you buy will either come with a power supply or will specify its power requirements in the documentation.
Regards
Rob

RogerVienna

Postby RogerVienna » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:40 pm

I think I have been overly ambitious. I have set up an Arduino with a motor shield and installed JMRI. So far so good. I have a chip which is connected to the programming track output with the motor connections joined to a 200 Ohm resistor (actually 2 x 100 Ohms in series). All looks good but the JMRI software doesn't recognise the chip. Can anybody help?

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”