Card kits - which to choose?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
trailman

Card kits - which to choose?

Post by trailman »

Hi, brand new member here. I'm on a mission to develop a Devon branch line, loosely based on Bude. I'll need a single road engine shed and a smallish terminal station (main platform plus bay) for starters. Out of the many makes of card kits for these types of building, which do users recommend, ideally not too far from Southern Railway practice?
Bigmet

Re: Card kits - which to choose?

Post by Bigmet »

Welcome and good choice, nothing to do with Brunel's various broad and vacuous blunderings in that part of the country. I know where Bude is, and how attractive having gone there a few times in the past thanks to relatives thenreasonably nearby, and also recall a long ago OO model which was very fine, but that ls the limit of my knowledge.

Have you explored the SR email group site? It's very well structured, most interesting and useful, though whether it directly addresses your questions I cannot say.

https://sremg.org.uk/home.shtml
trailman

Post by trailman »

Thanks Bigmet, I'll check out the SR group. I'm not planning (or competent) to scratchbuild, so keen to find whichever proprietary brand is closest. So not ex-GWR then!
BrightonMan

Post by BrightonMan »

Prototype Models do a card kit of an SR single track loco shed, based on Sidmouth. Antics-on-line stock them.
trailman

Post by trailman »

Thanks BrightonMan, just ordered one