WHAT IF?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Bigmet

Re: WHAT IF?

Postby Bigmet » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:32 pm

centenary wrote:This is the new normal or, very close to what normal will be...

Byegad wrote:I suspect there will be more false starts to 'normality' than enough...

Glad to find you two with a comprehension of where we are at. I seriously wonder just what proportion of the national population are on message like this? And not just for whatever nation you may call home, but globally?

I am hearing rather too much of: "Got my jab / get my jab soon; then I am bulletproof", to truly feel comfortable...

Byegad

Postby Byegad » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:40 am

Bigmet wrote:
centenary wrote:This is the new normal or, very close to what normal will be...

Byegad wrote:I suspect there will be more false starts to 'normality' than enough...

Glad to find you two with a comprehension of where we are at. I seriously wonder just what proportion of the national population are on message like this? And not just for whatever nation you may call home, but globally?

I am hearing rather too much of: "Got my jab / get my jab soon; then I am bulletproof", to truly feel comfortable...

I think it's dawned on government circles. How they'll persuade an increasingly fractious population is another thing.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:59 am

Byegad wrote:I think it's dawned on government circles. How they'll persuade an increasingly fractious population is another thing.

Yes, even Boris has got it now, forget a summer holiday abroad this year! However I do feel they have pitched it wrong with a fine for travelling abroad without a good reason. There's a certain mindset that sees bragging rights in that, 'the fine didn't stop me'. Make it a tax payable in advance when booking and non-refundable whatever the circumstances, including cancellations; that'll fix it. No one likes paying taxes.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Mod: Post removed as it no longer is appropriate as contents of posts made have been deleted
We as a forum Do Not want to become involved or publish any Political or personal views

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Mod: Post deleted as no longer applicable.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Mod. Content removed as not acceptable post and complaints received
Do Not post similar again. Thank you.
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Mod: Post content removed as original post has been deleted
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Mod: Comments removed. Original post removed and any further posts/comments are now not required.
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Unfortunately and solely due to the content of recent posts, which have had to be removed, this topic will now regretfully remain locked.
The forum is NOT A PLACE for voicing your political or personal views on very sensitive issues!
If any further posts of the style made previously here (and have now been removed) are placed anywhere else on the forum, the poster will be banned for a period.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”