Just out of interest

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
RailwayRobbo

Just out of interest

Postby RailwayRobbo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:36 pm

Recently when I pre-ordered my code 100 rail and points from Hattons I had a browse through the website as you do.
I've been hanging my nose over the new Hornby Standard 2 tender engine. So I thought I'd have a look if any (approx) delivery date had been announced. None had but I did notice that 2 of the different variations of the loco (black livery) had sold out on pre-order.

I was just wondering if any of you knowledgable guys out there know approximately the number of locos that Hattons would have ordered from Hornby?

I've pre-ordered one with the green livery which is the one I wanted.

Pete

Stay safe.

Bigmet

Re: Just out of interest

Postby Bigmet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:44 am

We don't know, order quantities are the business of Hattons, and in this case Hornby. I wouldn't believe anyone proposing a number, unless that person was Richard Davies, MD of Hattons...

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 am

Bigmet wrote:We don't know, order quantities are the business of Hattons, and in this case Hornby. I wouldn't believe anyone proposing a number, unless that person was Richard Davies, MD of Hattons...

Thanks for the reply Bigmet. I thought that would be the answer.
Looks like the model is going to be very popular.

Pete

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 pm

RailwayRobbo wrote:...Looks like the model is going to be very popular.

It should be, never previously available in RTR OO, and as a small modest power class loco will 'fit in' on all but the smallest layout scenarios. Hornby have excelled on their recent small loco introductions too, so I feel purchasers can look forward to something rather special on this release.

This release tempts me a little: what if Robin Riddles had decided that a 2-6-0+0-6-2 Beyer Garratt was a better plan for a good route availability high capacity goods, instead of the 2-10-0 format? Two of these BR standard mechanisms would make that readily achievable, with lightly modified BR standard body parts (DoG boiler and cab, BR tender bodies) and a DIY 'bridge frame' linking the mechanisms.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”