PECO CODE 100

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
RailwayRobbo

PECO CODE 100

Postby RailwayRobbo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi all.
Merry Christmas and (hopefully) a Happy New Year to all you guys on NRM.
I was just wondering if anyone has got any upto date information regards production at Peco, particularly code 100 track and points?
Although I've started the main platforms on ROBINSON ROAD I will be needing 10 x metre lengths of track and 6 points to run the goods trains on.
I visited the websites of the big 2 (Hattons and Rails) and code 100 seems to have been totally 'on order' for months.
I'm thinking of putting in an order with Hattons and getting in the pre order queue and waiting with my fingers crossed for the day it finally gets delivered.
Motivation is a bit low at the moment but I have to reposition some lights in the layout shed and I can build the warehouses on the main platforms so there's at least something to do.
Thanks in advance.

Pete (RailwayRobbo)

Dad-1

Re: PECO CODE 100

Postby Dad-1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi Pete,

Now if only I still lived near Towcester !!
I probably have 10 lengths, not many spare points though.

As to back ordering ? probably best to get an order on. I suspect
a large latent demand which may mean shortages for some time.

Now if you wanted a box (10 lengths) of SMP code 75 we could have
done a deal. Can't quite remember but I think I have 6-8 boxes.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Postby 4472 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Have you tried other suppliers, even Peco themselves
Great grandson of Peter Benjamin Spicer (LNWR retired)

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:57 pm

According to Derails web site they have stacks i.e https://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=52

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Mike Parkes wrote:According to Derails web site they have stacks i.e https://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=52

Thanks for that Mike. I've never heard of Derails before
They seem to have what I need.
I'll be placing an order this afternoon.
They are a bit more expensive than Hattons but with the free delivery it's only going to be a tenner more for 10 lengths of track and 6 points.
Thanks again.

Pete

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi Pete, I was sure I'd replied to this days ago! I think I've got some lengths of code 100 flexi left over if you need some more. I also found myself in need of some points a couple of weeks ago and Bourton Model Railway seemed to have good stocks of most things. So could try them if you need to.

stuartp

Postby stuartp » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Try the smaller shops, you may be better ringing. Frizinghall is about 10 miles from me, I've been watching LH bullhead points go in and out of stock almost weekly on their website. I detoured there yesterday on the back of going to collect the Christmas order from the butcher with a long list (first visit in 9 months)expecting to get maybe 25% of it, suffice it to say that I now have all the plasticard and points I need for next year's plan and enough accessory switches to make 2 of them work. And I'm in the doghouse for going.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:35 pm

And I'm in the doghouse for going.

I've often thought the doghouse might be a great place to site a layout. :)
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:24 am

Thanks guys for all the info.
I did hold off from ordering before Xmas so I'll investigate more.
We have a model shop in Wellingborough another in Northampton and one in Church Stowe near Towcester.
I don't know if there's one in Milton Keynes (20 miles away). There used to be a ModelZone shop in MK Centre but that closed years ago.
Thanks again
Pete

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:41 am

RailwayRobbo wrote:Thanks guys for all the info.
We have a model shop in Wellingborough another in Northampton and one in Church Stowe near Towcester.
I don't know if there's one in Milton Keynes (20 miles away). There used to be a ModelZone shop in MK Centre but that closed years ago.
Thanks again
Pete

Theres also Osbornes 'Toymaster' in Rushden, they have a model section too. I've bought locos, coaches and card kits from there, I've not seen track in there, but I've also not looked for it, their website says they do sell track. Might be worth a call: 01933 312415

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Buelligan wrote:
Thanks again
Pete

Theres also Osbornes 'Toymaster' in Rushden, they have a model section too. I've bought locos, coaches and card kits from there, I've not seen track in there, but I've also not looked for it, their website says they do sell track. Might be worth a call: 01933 312415

Thanks for that Derrick. I've lived here just over 20 years and never realised there was a model/toy shop in the next town. Mind you I don't go into Rushden unless it's absolutely necessary lol.

Pete

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 pm

RailwayRobbo wrote:
Buelligan wrote:
Thanks again
Pete

Thanks for that Derrick. I've lived here just over 20 years and never realised there was a model/toy shop in the next town. Mind you I don't go into Rushden unless it's absolutely necessary lol.

Pete

I keep forgetting about it to, but it's handy for me to pop into on my way home from work. Theres a car park about a minutes walk away from the shop, it's for Wilko and Iceland, but is free. It's easy to miss, I missed it twice and ended up having go around the one way system again, and again...

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:17 pm

I was settling up the bill for Christmas on the much battered credit card this morning and I thought while I'm on the PC there's no harm enquiring if Hattons are due a delivery from Peco.

Question: Are you expecting a delivery of code 100 track and points from Peco in the near future?

Answer: Yes we are expecting a delivery soon but can't tell you the exact date when it will arrive.

So there you are none the wiser.
Pete

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:47 pm

With things as they are it is totally out of Hattons' (and others') control.

If you haven't already taken Dad-1's advice in the second post then I suggest you do so. As I understand it, Hattons' Trunk Service only takes your money once they receive supplies of the items in question.

Delay will only relegate you to the back of the queue, and you may even miss out on the first delivery!

If in the meantime you find your items elsewhere then you could always cancel the Hattons order.

Have you tried Addlestone Model Centre? :

https://www.addlestone-models.co.uk/aca ... 14-p5.html

They seem to have stock of Electrofrog points.

Edit: Sorry I've just realised you are Code 100! However they seem to have Code 100 points on the previous page - https://www.addlestone-models.co.uk/aca ... 14-p4.html

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 am

Thanks for that Ex-Pat.
I did put my order in after I got their reply.
I'll just have to wait and see now.
I'm not desperate for it and still have other things on ROBINSON ROAD to keep me occupied for a decent length of time.

Pete

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”