RMWeb forum joining???

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
collectors

RMWeb forum joining???

Postby collectors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi, i know this might be sacrilege, but has anyone tried to join the RMWEB forum? There is a question on the sign up form asking " Name a UK-based model railway manufacturer beginning with the letter 'B'." Can you think of one??
The only reason i was looking to join is they have quite a few RC battery powered members & it would be handy for a few questions i have. I have tried to contact them twice, but no luck.
Thanks

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Re: RMWeb forum joining???

Postby flying scotsman123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Err, Bachmann...
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.

collectors

Postby collectors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm

flying scotsman123 wrote:Err, Bachmann...

Tried that as i have a lot of Bachmann trains & they also have a uk base. But no luck. But that was the only one i could find. Maybe they dont want new members.???

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 pm

I have no idea then, that'll be all they're looking for for that question, something easy just to filter out any spammers.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.

Roger (RJ)

Postby Roger (RJ) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Try it with just one "n" maybe

Edit. Tried it myself - no go. I think the registration system may be bust. I got an error code returned.

Have you tried the "contact us" at the very bottom of the page?
Last edited by Roger (RJ) on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6C

Postby 6C » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 pm

It's a bit incestious - as they are actually linked to Bachm*** - try criticising the big B and wait for the storm that will follow - from the admin.

Recommend not joining - just rip off any ideas you like - as most potentially useful posts - are rapidly de-generated into armchair modellers spats, within about 3 posts!.
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!

collectors

Postby collectors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Must have a very strange admin to not want new members. I will move on. Thanks anyway.

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello all
Just to add to this they didnt want me joining them either.
I was just after one piece of information that I was told was on there, that being a wiring diagram of Trix Twin 3 rail engines as I have just purchased a couple and wish to convert them to run on Little Weldon.
So I shall not bother with them again and go elsewhere for the information I want.

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:38 pm

I am a member. I don't go in as often though but I can mention it as they might not know.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm

Hi Collectors it may surprise you to know that we turn off our registration system for a day or two occasionally. It helps deter both would be spammers and the cursed advertising bots. It wouldn't surprise me if the other place does the same.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:57 pm

6C wrote:It's a bit incestious - as they are actually linked to Bachm*** - try criticising the big B and wait for the storm that will follow - from the admin.

Recommend not joining - just rip off any ideas you like - as most potentially useful posts - are rapidly de-generated into armchair modellers spats, within about 3 posts!.

That is not entirely fair. We have discussed the value of RMWeb on here before. Spats tend to get slapped down fairly quickly in my experience and whilst some do come away feeling bruised, most of the Admin actions are deserved or reasonably pre-emptive.

I find it invaluable for more arcane/detailed information as there is, without doubt, a huge body of knowledge within the forum.

I'd say persevere, maybe leave reapplying for a day or two, but persevere. I'd add that I have never seen any obviously unreasonable responses to criticising Bachmann. What you will see are critical responses to people who simply post 'this model is sh*t', as they seem to do on Facebook fora all of the time.

Give it a go. You can always leave if you don't like it.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:33 pm

I have just left a message for them to see so hopefully their system will be corrected.

stuartp

Postby stuartp » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Rmweb are not linked to Bachmann any more than they are any other manufacturer. They are however part of Warner Publishing so they follow whatever Warner's group policy is on not slagging off potential advertising clients.

Their sign up is broken though.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/

collectors

Postby collectors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 pm

They seem to have a link with https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/ as they look like its there own forum the way the menu is set up. but i maybe wrong. I have email them as well. If i dont get a response, then i will assume they are linked in some way. lol

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

A moderator on there said there was a bug... Better I copy what he said. (I hope no one minds).

"There's a bug I'm trying to resolve. Please ask them to message me via the RMweb Server Updates Facebook page".

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”