Shopping list

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
ericrw

Shopping list

Postby ericrw » Sun May 24, 2020 11:31 am

I began the build of my new lay-out, as something to do, due to Lockdown ! no experience whatsoever ! I've not had the opportunity to go to Exhibitions or Shows ! The Peco track on a 6'x4 base is just about complete. However, the set up has four points fitted! Should I go for Servo or Peco side motors. I rather like the idea of Servo system. With both examples, I want to operate each point, with individual lever/switches Though my set-up is controlled by a Select DCC controller, I want the points to be controlled independently of the Controller. My query is, what should my shopping list be, to help me to make my final choice. The list has to include from servo/motor, all that is necessary to complete what is required, right upto and including the power source !! Can you help ?? Would be much appreciated !! Eric.

Forfarian

Re: Shopping list

Postby Forfarian » Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 pm

This is the place to look, loads of info and Brian posts on this forum.
https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk

You can make up your own mind which operating method you like and buy as required.
Surface mounted point motors are the easiest to fit, I have 46 of them, but its a personal choice.
Tim
aka Forfarian

IAN1955

Re: Shopping list

Postby IAN1955 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Hi Tim, Your reply to this post is brilliant, I have just come back into the hobby at the tender age of 65 it must have been just over 50 years since I had a train set, and like the many have not got a bottomless wallet, I have found Brian Lamberts site enlightening.

Thanks
Tim

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”