Hatton's "Trunk" service

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
muggins

Hatton's "Trunk" service

Postby muggins » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Because I used to buy stuff from them, I am favoured with Hatton's weekly email, and today it announces Hatton's "Trunk" service whereby, as I understand it, I am invited to spend my money with them to buy products which they then sit on until things get back to normal - assuming they do.

Are they 'avin a larf?

Or did that email go out a day early by mistake?

mahoganydog

Re: Hatton's "Trunk" service

Postby mahoganydog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:50 pm

Muggins, I think you've missed the most useful part of the service. Postage is not cheap and if you want to buy a single secondhand item it can be a problem BUT imagine building an order of bits and pieces over a month or so which takes you into the free postage bracket.

I think it's a superb idea and makes it viable to pick out small items from the secondhand section over time while not having to swallow postage costs on each and every item.

I'll start using it when they list something tasty secondhand that I want!
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

muggins

Postby muggins » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:59 pm

OK, point taken. But personally, whereas I'm happy paying £20 or so as a deposit on a pre-order for something I really fancy and which has a realistic anticipated delivery date, there's no way would I pay in full now for goods that won't be delivered until an unknown date in the future.

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 pm

Whats does this remind me of?
Oh yes....insurance! :lol:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm

muggins wrote:Because I used to buy stuff from them, I am favoured with Hatton's weekly email, and today it announces Hatton's "Trunk" service whereby, as I understand it, I am invited to spend my money with them to buy products which they then sit on until things get back to normal - assuming they do.

Are they 'avin a larf?

Or did that email go out a day early by mistake?

Thought for a minute they had decided to do a Caley "Jumbo" :D :D

In all seriousness Hattons like many will be suffering serious cash flow issues, this would be one way to get cash in the bank and prevent any chance of them going bust. Plenty of begging letters are being sent out just now, just depends if you are feeling charitable I guess

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”