Vandal Update

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
sparkhill

Re: Vandal Update

Postby sparkhill » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Yes its wrong to destroy peoples property such acts need to be punished but one crime that annoys me the most is Paramedics trying to help people and getting attacked for doing so, IMO the best punishment for that is to take them out the back of a Police station and give them a flogging with the Cat of Nine Tails, I doubt they would ever attack any one again, a bit harsh but I cant believe individuals have stooped so low as to attack people that do so much good, to those that commit crimes like bashing Police and Paramedics I feel there should be no pity for their self inflicted stupidity.
Regards
Nobby

Pennine MC

Postby Pennine MC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am

b308 wrote: Killing someone or drug peddling still causes much more "hang em high" reactions than this sort of crime.

In the wider population, sure, and that's entirely expected. But not within the cocooned environments of model railway forums and Facebook groups, where (for some it appears) the hobby is the be all and end all of life. That was the context in which my post was made, apologies if that wasn't clear

IAN1955

Postby IAN1955 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Final outcome of this case, a 16 year old boy appeared in Boston court and was sentenced to 12 month referral order and fined £105 compensation, it was also reported that he has written an apology to the society, the judge also said if he had not pleaded guilty when he did, he was looking at a custodial sentence.

The boy was full of remorse and vowed never to get into that condition again, well that is the end of the matter.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”