Morley Controllers

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Red68

Morley Controllers

Postby Red68 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Has any one had dealings with Morley Controllers?

I ordered one of their products some two weeks ago, and without going into protracted details, I am experiencing problems contacting them by telephone or email to establish a delivery date.

Is this the norm with this Company, or am I just unlucky? :cry:

footplate1947

Re: Morley Controllers

Postby footplate1947 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:56 pm

I have not heard of any problems. Why don't you try to telephone them. If nobody answers the phone I would get in touch with your bank and try to cancel the purchase and go get a Gaugemaster equivalent model they are both as good as each other I would say. Gaugemaster come with life guarantee and that mean life and that is worth having.
It worked last time I used it..............John

TomTom

Postby TomTom » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 pm

I ordered a Crawler a couple of weeks ago and phoned to query delivery the other day. Got through OK after a bit of a wait and was told they are starting to despatch this model now.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:44 pm

We had a similar situation a year or two ago, when we had reports that their telephone and email answering seemed to stop altogether for some time, then return to normal without explanation. Perhaps they let too many people take holiday at the same time. Most people seem satisfied with their products and service at other times.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

muggins

Postby muggins » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:43 pm

I've never had a problem contacting Morley, either by phone or email. And FWIW, 18 months ago I thought I'd jiggered my Vector Zero Two so rang them, sent it back as instructed, and six days later got it back with a note saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The assumption was that I'd had a dead short somewhere and hadn't waited long enough for the gubbins to cool down properly before declaring it bust.

They're still the best DC controllers AFAIC ...

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”