Wanton Vandalism of layouts

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Lysander

Re: Wanton Vandalism of layouts

Postby Lysander » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 am

piermaster wrote:It gets boring and doesn’t help the credibility of this forum (if there is any credibility left).

Surely it is time to follow the others and lock this thread whilst you still have some credibility left?

Whilst I agree that arguments for hanging and flogging do not take this issue anywhere useful, if you are so concerned about the lack of credibility in this forum, why do you bother posting here?

Antagonising members with comments like those above do nothing for your credibility.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

piermaster

Postby piermaster » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:24 am

If you don't like the truth, then get rid of me!

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am

piermaster wrote:it has been said before here and elsewhere that social media pages and forums (including this one) are examined by Prosecution and Defence, and things said may well prejudice findings and the legal processes.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call bull meard on this.
In no way is any prosecution or defence team going to be reading this or the other place to come to a legal standpoint.
That's called PUBLIC OPINION not LEGAL PRECEDENT, THE LAW or anything LEGALESE.

As for the credibility of this forum. Really? :roll: :lol:
As for "it gets boring" ... Well....don't bother reading it then!
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm

There is definitely still something worth commenting on at this point, the reporting of the fact that the club are going to put the bulk of their publicly donated, and probably totally unexpected, windfall into a charitable fund to introduce other youngsters to a worthwhile hobby, and hope fully turn them away from the sort of mindless activity that gave rise to this incident.
I and probably the vast percentage of our membership would prefer that differences of opinion aren't allowed to become slanging matches or namecalling. We usually manage to restrain ourselves when we disagree, don't let the topic change our behaviour for the worse.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

IAN1955

Postby IAN1955 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Going off topic slightly - Blimey, I thought railway enthusiasts were gentle folk with reduced testosterone, obviously reading some recent comments about this subject how wrong am I.
My dad once said to me, if you do not like the programme on TV switch it off , suppose same goes with this topic, if you do not like it switch it off - do not read it. SIMPLES :lol: !

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Well I'd have liked to have seen considerable community service or something, but even then, from what I've seen half the time the supervisors are uninterested and the offenders just mess around and have a laugh.

It seems down to the parents. If my kids ever do anything like that they'll be in big trouble, if they then cost me several hundred £'s they'd be in a whole lot more. And I'd be offering their services to the club to try and help fix what they broke.

Also agree, there's not need to close the thread, its all stayed civilised, if you find it repetitive and boring, simply scroll on by.

sparkhill

Postby sparkhill » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Sorry I mentioned bullets, at the time I made that reply I was sitting in hospital with my very sick Wife who is about to undergo a serious operation today, reading about the destruction done by those youths just hit a nerve, I like so many others have difficulty getting my head around to what they did therefore it makes my blood boil, people need to have their say in situations like this but its hard to put into words when the world is also full of political correct do gooders.
Regards
Nobby

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Dave wrote:
piermaster wrote:Surely it is time to follow the others and lock this thread whilst you still have some credibility left?

Those of us with long memories know that you lost your credibility on here years ago with your rants and threats to other members!

Yep, he's certainly got form, and not just on here.
Pete.

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:46 pm

luckymucklebackit wrote:
Peterm wrote:What are these 'referral orders they mention? Are they like probation?

Punishment to fit the crime? Compulsory supervised attendance at a local model railway club and make them build a layout, let them see how much time and work is needed to create something to exhibition standard.

Jim

That could be another idea. They could be supervised by people (victims) that won't let them get away with slacking.
Pete.

piermaster

Postby piermaster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am

Nothing has changed here on NRMF, still wandering well off topic and still doing character assassinations. What lives you lead!!

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:54 am

piermaster wrote:Nothing has changed here on NRMF, still wandering well off topic and still doing character assassinations. What lives you lead!!

I don't really recognise that, perhaps that's only the case on threads where you're present?...
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am

piermaster wrote:Nothing has changed here on NRMF, still wandering well off topic and still doing character assassinations. What lives you lead!!

Consider yourself lucky, if this had been RMweb instead of NRMF they would have been round to your house last night with the pointy hats and ole' fiery cross :D
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

b308

Postby b308 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 am

IAN1955 wrote:Blimey, I thought railway enthusiasts were gentle folk with reduced testosterone,

Only when playing with their trains! ;) :)

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:11 am

OK apart from what will happen to number 4 (I guess he must be the one who broke in, a far worse crime in the eyes of our judiciary) I think this topic has been well enough aired. I'll borrow some words from CJF when he was the editor at the Railway Modeller, "Discussion of this topic will now cease." It would be nice if someone should start a thread on how they start their charity scheme, once it gets going. The only good thing to come out of the whole incident.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”