Backscene blending

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Ewood

Re: Backscene blending

Postby Ewood » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 pm

For some reason it's saying the files are to big so I can't show any more pics of the layout, even tried sending them individually without any joy!!!

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 am

It is likely to be the individual picture that you are sending is a little large. I have a smaller older tablet and as it is smaller, it takes smaller photos. I take pictures on that tablet even though the quality is not so good, and then either put them on using that tablet, or I send the photos to this tablet and put them on via this one.
S
Most use another site to smallerize photos but though I have tried I don't seem to have had success. Also I am quite nurvous about joining other sites. I will look at sites, but joining sites can be scary.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 am

Firstly what are you posting from, PC, Mac, Android or IOS device? It makes advice more meaningful if we know what we are aiming at.
The renderer should resize automatically but it could have an upper limit, picture files seem to get bigger by the day. If you have the facility to edit and resize, try saving a copy of around width = 1000 pixels. Don't use any size parameters when specifying files, unless you get them within range it's likely to mess it up. Finally there's a five file per post limit to attachments to keep the boards transaction speed up, links from another site seem to be unlimited,
As I said we can be a bit more specific when we know what you use.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Ewood

Postby Ewood » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 am

It's from iPad photo album.
I'm using an iPad on this site also

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I think your best bet is to upload copies to one of the picture hosting sites, choose one that has a resize facility. Resize down to somewhere around 1000 pixels wide, the height is immaterial as the renderer scans from side to side, top to bottom like a TV image. Most cameras these days can far outstrip, the resolution of any screen. I keep a ten year old Canon digital with a 4mp sensor. It's ideal for use with the computer. The camera in my phone pushes the limits on most websites, and that's hardly a cutting edge model.

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 am

I use imgur it allows me to upload photos and resize them for posting on to forums. A tried posting a few photos from my canon bridge camera on another site, but it made the page really wide, when I looked it was around 6000 pixels wide, so resized it down to around 900 and it was much better.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 am

When you look at the numbers you can see the wisdom in downsizing. The typical monitor has a horizontal resolution around 1200, so if your image has 6000 pixels across the renderer has to decide which of up to five pixels it chooses to put in each pixel on the screen. Since it's done "on the fly" that's really going to compromise the download speed.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”