Hornby rail

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Caroline

Hornby rail

Postby Caroline » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm

This is the first time of posting. My father passed away last year and had kitted out the loft with many different items of horny train sets. My mum would like the loft cleared. Would anyone be interested in any of the items at a price. I do have pictures

Re: Hornby rail

Postby 4472 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Whereabouts are you. I might be interested if you can send me photos and are not to far from me
Great grandson of Peter Benjamin Spicer (LNWR retired)

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi Caroline.
Pictures of the items would be great with possile ballpark figures you'd like for them. :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi Caroline, given your situation I'll wave our usual restriction about not signing up to sell, give us a rough indication of where these items are in the country, as it may well involve someone coming and inspecting what there is. There's a site we use called UK Modelshop Directory http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/. It has a section listing model railway clubs by county. It would be worth looking to see if there is a club fairly local to you. They might be able to send someone local to help.
In the meantime if there's a chance of some photo's of what there is we can try to give you an idea of what it's all worth. If you can take some mobile phone photos that's the first step, then we can advise if you need how to get them into a post.

John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”