Different Values For The Same Model?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
mahoganydog

Re: Different Values For The Same Model?

Postby mahoganydog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Bufferstop wrote:They could then produce sealed collectors editions with just a lead weight inside the box :D

Don't Hornby do that now? Oh no, wait that's crumbling Mazak weight inside the box.
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

Mountain

Re: Different Values For The Same Model?

Postby Mountain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm

luckymucklebackit wrote:
Mountain wrote: A dealer near me never takes the items out the boxes because he says as soon as the box is opened he can't sell them. I asked him how we know the loco is working and what would we do if it does not? He said if there was an issue with the item to deal direct with the manufacturer rather then return it to him.

Total BullS**t - The dealer in question should be made aware that your rights as a purchaser under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer. That is the law and as a retailer he must comply. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Jim

He was a Hornby dealer though the last time I was in a couple of years ago he was considering dropping Hornby as they had reduced the profit margin and it wasn't worth him stocking their products anymore.
I noticed a few dealers had stopped opening boxes when Hornbys boxes became more difficult to open without damaging them.
He probably would give a refund if he had to.
The trade is a different place then it used to be.
I for one would not want to buy a secondhand locomotive which has never been tested. I would rather buy an unboxed loco that is play worn with high useage as at least you can see what you're getting. I'd not be happy to buy new without assurance that it runs OK.
See below ↓

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”