Weather Powders

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
IAN1955

Weather Powders

Postby IAN1955 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Been a while since I was on here mainly due to illness however back into the swing of railways. Can anyone help and tell me where I can get weathering powder or paint, is there full sets that you can buy, not just the odd pot or tub, I want to give it a go myself and again the internet is massive and to be honest I am losing faith with it.
Thanks
Ian

D0260

Re: Weather Powders

Postby D0260 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Try the Humbrol powders from most model shops...

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 am

Can't blame you regarding the complexities of finding things on the internet. Things were easier as they used to be, armed with the yellow pages and an up to date magazine.
Today you type in your desired subject and get bombarded with advert after advert trying to sell you the product you suggested when the business promoting its sale doesn't have it and can't even get it! Rather like Mc Donalds trying to attract you to buy a bag of concrete from them promising the best price!
I have to laugh. For a good few days/weeks the moon seemed to be shimmering or shaking, and it looked a different angle and the largestncrator seemed much larger then it was when I was younger. I went to try to see if the internet had any moon maps or any information on it and I typed in "The Moon" only to have Amazon come up with "For the best prices of " The Moon" ...."
Another search one day for information on Cyndi Lauper, yet again Amazon (And others) tried to bombard me with their adverts with "For the best price on Cyndi Lauper....."
Sometimes one has to go through two or three pages of searches before one finds a company or shop which actually sells the product and has it in stock.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Mind you if it was not for adverts, as annoying as they are, a lot of the content would not be free, and might be a case for subscription only internet.

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed May 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Yes. You are right in this. I'm not against adverts. They are amusing at times! It is more that when the adverts look like the very sites you are trying to find then it gets annoying when the companies don't sell the products they claim to sell.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

GeoFF03

Postby GeoFF03 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:09 am

Can anyone help and tell me where I can get weathering powder or paint, is there full sets that you can buy,

For sets of colours you could try artists pastels, the chalk type rather than the oil based ones. These were what modellers used before "weathering powders"

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”