New loco

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
D605Eagle

New loco

Post by D605Eagle »

Jim luckymucklebackit is going to be a happy bunny!
https://railsofsheffield.com/products/3 ... -as-built-
Bigmet

Re: New loco

Post by Bigmet »

Not just Jim! I like the pre-group 0-6-0 as a genre, and this was a very handsome and successful class. Hopefully along with the J36 that's got Scottish design locos on a roll, and few more of the beautiful classes can find manufacturers.
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

I think if these two sell well, and 0-6-0s was a good choice, the flood gates may well open. The only slight worry is manufacturers like a prototype to laser scan now, and some great locos no longer exist.
Bigmet

Re: Two new locos even!

Post by Bigmet »

And I see that TMC have announced the G5 NER design 0-4-4T, also to be produced by Bachmann. Another outstanding choice that has been much requested.

Poss adjust thread title?

Note to those administering/moderating: another addition to the list of smaller outfits offering locos!
Last edited by Bigmet on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Whilst neither are in any way relevant for me, I'm really pleased to see manufacturers focusing increasingly on pre-grouping designs, surely the best period possible to model with such variety. I'm still not holding out much hope on anything NSR any time soon though!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

An NSR new L might be in with an outside chance, but I wouldn't hold your breath!!! :lol:
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

D605Eagle wrote:An NSR new L might be in with an outside chance, but I wouldn't hold your breath!!! :lol:
That would indeed be most likely, although less so since the NRM de-accessioned it I reckon. Also if they take their scanning equipment to Foxfield I don't think folk will be very happy as it's got the wrong boiler plonked on top as I recall! Ah well, I suppose I'd be more annoyed if something was announced just after I finished scratchbuilding one!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.